1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Lethal Muppet 1: When Twist Ties Attack

Discussion in 'Action Figures' started by BigDumbWookiee, Aug 17, 2002.

1. BigDumbWookiee

BigDumbWookiee New Member

Am I alone in thinking that the twist ties (the clear ones, not the black ones) are just a little too strong? I was opening a Kermit today, and the plastic came off the twist tie, and broke a piece of metal off in the tip of my finger while I was trying to untwist it. These things seem like industrial grade ties! I was able to pry it out with a knife and tweezer, but overall the experience wasn't pleasant. Not to mention poor Kermy needs to be thoroughly sanitized now, after receiving an action figure scale blood bath.... I finally resorted to cutting the twist tie with some wire cutters.

I understand the need for ties, but would it be possible to consider a less lethal variety? :)

2. Luke

Luke Active Member

Sorry to hear about that - i think the twist tie came out of it worse than you though. This may be a job for Dr Bob and Nurse Janice ! ;-)

3. Traveling Matt

Traveling Matt New Member

Just when you thought it was safe to dip back into collectibles ;)

- Billy :cool:

4. Jimbo504

Jimbo504 New Member

I also drew some blood opening my Bunsen. Although mine was on the black ones. I love how they match the black ones with the black paint on the figs so you can't see them at all. It tore right through the skin on my poor thumb.

5. DigitalBohemian

DigitalBohemian New Member

Ugh. Seriously. I chipped a part of my tooth using my mouth to pull the **** thing off cuz I couldn't. I mean dammmn. Am I THAT stupid?

6. Luke

Luke Active Member

Are anyone else thinking "Possible Lawsuit", "Bribes" and "Free Figures" *Wink Wink*

Just kiddin ..... :p

7. Louis Kazagger

Louis Kazagger New Member

I'm saving all my twist ties and I'm going to use them to secure my chimney cap. ;)