Let's Be Friends

SSLFan

Reaction score
Has anyone ever seen it? It was a SSL show produced back in 1994. The story focused on Elmo and Zoe starting a friendship club and how everyone else on Sesame Street wanted to join it.

Here's a pic:
http://www.psu.edu/ur/archives/intercom_1997/March6/CURRENT/arts.GIF

I got a chance to see the 2000 revamped version of the show, and found it quite enjoyable. I always wondered though, how did fans react in the 90's?

Okay, well, everyone knows around that time, SS had introduced Around the Corner and all the new characters. I'm guessing this show was meant to also do just that, introduce some of the newer characters(Zoe for instance, Roxy Marie, Rosita, Baby Bear, and stage muppet Jodie). The park(from AtC) also made a appearance, complete with the brick wall, Lol.

It's interesting since the story focused on two of the newer muppets of that time, Elmo and Zoe. Sure Elmo had been around, but he was still considered "new" to some of the adult fans I'm sure. Plus, he was gaining popularity at that time. And Big Bird must've had HUGE star power back then, since he was listed first in the program, Lol. I know in the 2000 show, BB was only in three songs in the first act, so was it like that in the original?

Did little kids who liked him go bonkers for awhile? Lol. I didn't, cause the show was so good I didn't notice he was gone for long. :insatiable: I found it a bit dissapointing though , because :super: wasn't even in the show at all! This has to be the only show he's not in, period. I think out of all the classic muppets, the two who seemed to appear the most were Bert & Ernie, and why shouldn't
they? Everyone loves them.

But if you've seen this show, how did you react? I would give it 3.5 stars out of 4. Pretty good.

The Shoe Fairy

Reaction score
I read something about this the other day and thought "I've never heard of this one." It doesn't seem that bad.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I saw it when I was young and I thought it was interesting.

My favorite part was for one of the audience members to help the gang clean up :insatiable:'s room.

CountFan1998

Reaction score
I saw the remount back in '04, and I think one of the best parts was when Elmo dissapeared in the finale, and reappeared at the back of the theatre. Classic staple of stage magic!

CountFan1998

Reaction score
I saw the remount in '02 and I think the best part of the show was when Elmo dissapeared in the finale, reappearing in the back of the theatre. Classic staple of stage magic! I don't really remember much, I only remember the plot from little bits of dialogue on the official soundtrack CD. I believe I still have the programs, which have been scribbled in with crayons by yours truly when I was 4... :stick_out_tongue: