Lets get IAVMMCM out on DVD!

trekkie1701E

Reaction score
Just voted; hope it works!

Of course, amazon.com has had both SONG OF THE SOUTH and FRAGGLE ROCK in this status for "months" now, so Who knows if it'll work?

But It can't hurt.

So, Come on guys. Vote!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering why it isn't available on DVD. Maybe they had issues after the scene was cut and had to recompose the DVD version. Much easier to dub a tape. Maybe they are also working on extras for next year. It's just strange because all of NBC's made for tv movies have both DVD and VHS versions available during the show.

Gonzo

Reaction score
I'd be surprised, nay, shocked, to see it released on DVD in 2002--the same year it's produced as a made-for-tv movie. I'm hoping they'll have it ready for me to pick up next year!

I didn't know Amazon did this...I'm gonna have to do some searching for some other stuff that's not yet released.

Quinnnnnnnnnn

uncleduke

Reaction score
Originally posted by Gonzo
I'd be surprised, nay, shocked, to see it released on DVD in 2002--the same year it's produced as a made-for-tv movie. I'm hoping they'll have it ready for me to pick up next year!

I didn't know Amazon did this...I'm gonna have to do some searching for some other stuff that's not yet released.

Quinnnnnnnnnn
Bunches of Disney stuff have this status, as does Ed Wood (The Only Tim Burton movie not on DVD).
Pretty much anything that has a high demand, but is not announced for release.

beaker

Reaction score
I for one would really like to see some of the deleted scenes. Tho, if NBC decided they were too racy(cant see how they could be any more racy then what was on tonight...but...) they might not show up on the dvd(most likely it would be a pan and scan with NBC related trailers) That is a nifty package NBC has going, as I still havent gotten the TMS best of cd...now if only this deal was for a VMM dvd and not a vhs *sigh*

Reaction score
Bunches of Disney stuff have this status, as does Ed Wood (The Only Tim Burton movie not on DVD).
Pretty much anything that has a high demand, but is not announced for release.
Not to mention the original Star Wars trilogy.

uncleduke

Reaction score
Originally posted by BlueEwokMuppet
Not to mention the original Star Wars trilogy.
That would fall under the Pretty much anything that has a high demand, but is not announced for release. catagory

Originally posted by beaker
...most likely it would be a pan and scan
Pan and scan is when they adapt the picture to fill a 1:33 standard television screen. The movie was shot in this aspect ratio, so it would have to be the same as you saw tonight. If they were to letterbox it, they would eliminate some of the image from the top and bottom. So this is one instance where full screen would be preffered.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
wow, i wonder if they already made the dvd with the cut parts and have to DISTROY them all and reuse the matteral, if that's possable, if not reusable then they are wasting matteral and just should have sold the dvd with the added parts.;-)

or would they have to go threw each one and cut the part out? i don't know.

Zack

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
uncleduke

I don't think that's true. The movie was shot in the same format as Kermit Swamp Years. Hi Def Widescreen Video. There are several shots you can tell. Actually, no new projects by the networks (especially NBC) are shot in the 1:33 ratio anymore. They want to be able to have the widescreen option later on. You can notice there is more intended image around the edges (especially in the Whoopi scenes where the movie cuts to her Heavenly widescreen monitor. And it is seen in the party when Scooter is cut out of a shot when he is clearly talking to the backstage babes. Of course the director took the 1:33 ratio into account and no one expected that it would be broadcast in widescreen (it actually may have been available in some markets though). It would just be nice to have that version on DVD. The theater scenes would be more complete. So, no image would be cut away to make this widescreen. The image is there. :smile: