Let's Get Together Yeah Yeah Yeah!

BEAR

Reaction score
There is a thread here about odd Muppet combinations, but it made me think of characters on Sesame Street that I love seeing together for one reason or another, even if it is infrequent.

Characters that I like to see together are:

Oscar with just about anybody, especially Telly, Big Bird, Elmo and Grover
Big Bird and Cookie Monster
Big Bird and Ernie
Ernie and The Count
The Count and Telly
The Count and Elmo
Rosita and Baby Bear
Grover and Elmo
Snuffy and Elmo--They started to have a lot of play dates for a time if I remember correctly. It may have been when Kevin Clash first took over. I seem to remember Elmo riding on Snuffy's back a lot.

Are there others? Who do you like to see?

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
I definetley am a Telly and Oscar fan from waaaay back. Another great team from back in the mid 80's that they don't show too much anymore is Oscar and Snuffy. Oscar was the first person (besides Big Bird) to meet Snuffy and the 2 of them worked really well together, and I remember some hilarous moments with those 2. I also like to see The Count and Baby Bear together, I know Iv'e seen them in a few storylines over the years, but not often. I like to see Elmo and Baby Bear together. It seems like they hardly ever show just the 2 of them together by themselves. I guess Telly would probably get jealous. And SO would Dorthy!

Say "Back off Baby Bear" Dorthy.................

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
I'd Like To See Elmo and the Count
Sounds like a smackdown to me! Heh heh heh.

I wouldn't mind seeing one of the older monsters like Grover, with Rosita. Out of the monsters that frequent the street now, she seems to have the most personality.

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
Oscar and Herry were seen together in the 1986/1987 season. Herry was standing outside of Oscar's Trashcan with a big huge barbell and he was to hold it up in the air for 20 seconds, and Oscar was to do the Counting. Well Oscar counted to 20 VERY slowly, and by the time he was done Herry was VERY exhausted. I don't think they'd show that kind of Monster Cruelty on Sesame Street today.

BEAR

Reaction score
MrsPepper said:
. Out of the monsters that frequent the street now, she seems to have the most personality.

I could not agree more! That is one of the reasons I am so drawn to her I guess. She has that same kind of warmth and spirit that all the original characters Henson created had. She can be silly and goofy, but also extremely understanding and very comforting. I guess that's a good word for it...when she is on the screen, I feel very comforted. Like if I was ever in a sad mood, I warm furry hug from her would make me feel 10 times better.

BEAR

Reaction score
Kimp the Shrimp said:
I'd Like To See Elmo and the Count
They've been together a few times, but not so much lately since the Count is rarely in a street scene this season. One of my alltime favorite scenes is between Elmo and the Count in Elmo Saves Christmas. The Count was the one that sort of put everything into perspective for Elmo.