1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Let's Give the FanFics a Comeback!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction' started by Pig's Laundry, Jan 15, 2018.

1. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

There used to be all kinds of fan fiction here, and it seems it was even a major draw for this website. Now we only have like one or two members adding to their old stories every few months! It's sad. Fan fiction gets a bad name. Most people are too afraid to even bring it up in regular conversation. But it shouldn't be that way. All your doing is writing a story. It's a fantastic way for us fans to, not only be creative, but to improve our writing skills, get to know our favorite characters, and even write those Muppet movie ideas we've had in our heads for five years. Heck, you can even collaborate with other members to write a story!

The stories you write don't even have to be good! All we can ask is, you put passion, time and effort into them, and do your best! Even if your best doesn't seem that good to you, you will improve over time. :)

So, c'mon everybody, let's get creative and have fun!

2. Muppetgirl09

Muppetgirl09 Well-Known Member

I'm always told that I need to come back, and I'm trying to make time for it.

In all seriousness, I'm busy with college. Just so happens that I'm writing a non-Muppet novel that's going to published.

Pig's Laundry likes this.
  3. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Well good luck! I look forward to hearing more about it. :)

4. WebMistressGina

WebMistressGina Well-Known Member

As someone who was a writer before fan fiction, I can tell you it actually does keep you writing without the pressures of an editor or publication deadline.

With that said, I don't think it's a lack of love, just a lack of time. Many of us have, you know, lives that include school, work, family, etc. There's also a number of us who write in other fandoms and as I can attest, sometimes your ideas are just with a particular fandom at one time and the others go to the way side.

With that said, I know there's usually an uptick when something new comes out - I started writing and discovered this site after the 2011 movie came out and went until the middle of the 2016 show. With THAT said, I do seem to be in a Muppet frame of mind lately, so I have been posting new stuff, but yeah. I think everyone knows we all have lives, so when a new update or story comes out, it's like a little mini Christmas.

Pig's Laundry likes this.
  5. Muppetgirl09

Muppetgirl09 Well-Known Member

I know! This is going to be the first time that I'm going to be able to write again in such a long time! Of course, I have two papers due next week.

WebMistressGina likes this.