1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Let's make a deal....

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by danielromens, Sep 15, 2002.

1. ZootandDingo

ZootandDingo Member

And even the Disney/Pixar deal is endangered, according to a lot of recent news reports.

The mouse just can't play nice with others.
  2. ElecMayhem

ElecMayhem Member

Well, I guess this is old news now, but I wanted to throw my two cents in anyway. So, nah!

I have it from a reliable source that the sale WILL take place by the end of the year, if not sooner.

Now, I know everyone hates it when someone hops on internet message boards and throws around the term "reliable source." While I won't name names, I did have dinner with several Henson employees while I was in NYC this past Wednesday.

We discussed possible suitors breifly, and I wanted to get their reactions on the "front runners." Their personal preferences surprised me, but they gave up very little about specific details. And why should they, at this point?

But brace yourselves. It's coming.
  3. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

>>>But brace yourselves. It's coming<<<

Like Ive been syaing for months now...Muppet fans, prepare to see the schtick hit the fan one of these days coming up(in regards to logging on and reading the big news of a sale and who bought it)
  4. Bean Bunny

Bean Bunny New Member

ElecMayhem,

Can we guess who the possible buyer is?

Is it's a major US studio?
  5. Muppets1985

Muppets1985 Member

Disney? °o°

I hope its....DISNEY!!!!! :D
  6. Luke

Luke Active Member

Nah we'll know ...... major Henson news always comes out on a Friday morning early european time.
  7. OK--I just went to the fair and this "Disney buying the Muppets" thing scares me worse than the upsidedown rides did. Can someone please affirm that even if the mouse takes the Frog, they'll still be known as "Jim Henson's Muppets"?

I really don't see how, after so much booing at Muppetfest, disney could still be offered the Muppets. It was great to see how many people have pulled the wool from over their eyes and see what a megalo-monster of a film company disney has come to be. I bet if poor Walt knew what they're doing these days what with two monotinous kiddie channels, a year devoted to sequels, and world wide industrial tourist trap parks, he'd be rolling over in his grave.

[Sorry, just had to vent :) ]

--"Scary" Larry Wolf
  8. Luke

Luke Active Member

It's highly unlikely the name would change but no, there is no absolute guarantee of that. Disney can do what they like if they get them. As for how Disney can be offered them seeing as so many Muppet fans boo and don't want it - simple - the Muppets are being sold to the highest bidder. If Bin Laden wants them for informercials and got his wallet out they probably wouldn't say no !
  9. danielromens

danielromens Member

so travis, this is just a guess, but I'm guessing you can't tell us any of the suitors or the reactions, huh?

sigh.
  10. ElecMayhem

ElecMayhem Member

Nope, sorry. I don't have any more information to give, nor would I if I did. It would be a breach of confidence. I sort of feel like I should not have posted anything at all -- especially since I have no real "new" information. But I wasn't really telling you anything that you didn't already know. Just sort of reaffirming it.

Anyway, the general feeling that I got was that everything with the company is going to be just fine. They know that there is a change is coming, and they are preparing for whatever transition period comes with it... And then it's back to focusing on Muppetf-fun!!
  11. towels

towels New Member

Muppetf-fun? is that a clue? Porky Pig stutters...maybe it's Time/Warner/AOL...
    :)

Interesting that they feel that "everything with the company is going to be just fine" after the NYC layoffs...
  12. Luke

Luke Active Member

Travis,

They aren't exactly going to tell someone who works for one of the licensee's that things aren't anything but zippidy doo daa though are they ?

The general feeling that i had got from seeing employee's post on the forum here (at times anonymously) and also from 'reliable sources' was that they aren't happy with the way things are now, they know the change is coming and know it can either be not that bad, or totally awful, and are worrying that a six month transition period could wreck the generally positive swing the Muppets have had lately. They were sold the 'everything is going to be just fine' line before by Brian Henson after the EMTV sale and from what i gathered that is still very much on their minds.
  13. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

>>>Anyway, the general feeling that I got was that everything with the company is going to be just fine. They know that there is a change is coming, and they are preparing for whatever transition period comes with it... And then it's back to focusing on Muppetf-fun!!<<<

Travis, this is EXACTLY what all of us on MC wanted to hear! Thanks!!!