Let's see how many replies we can get to this post!

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
One of my favorite M*A*S*H episodes is entitled "None Like it Hot", in which South Korea is in the middle of a heatwave, and Hawkeye and B.J. receive a special package in the mail that they have been waiting six months for: a bathtub! Unfortunately, Charles catches them and soon the whole camp knows about the bathtub, thus making everybody standing in a long line, pushing and shoving, just for their ten minutes to cool off in a tub full of nice cool water in the middle of the unbearable heat. Meanwhile all that's happen, Klinger and Colonel Potter make a bet: if Klinger can stand going around in his fur coats and rubbersuits for 24 hours, then he can have a Section-8, and Radar suffers from both the heat AND his tonsils.

I know a lot of you lucky yanks up north (New England states, and Canada, even) are still having nice cool mid-day highs of temperatures in the 50s, and 60s, but us poor hillbillies in the south are facing mid-day highs of 80s, with heat indexes reaching almost 100, and hardly any rain; just day after day after of nothing but hot sun (unless you live in Florida where it thunderstorms everyday).

Now although I like summer for the freedom of it, I HATE summer for the unbearable heat, and what with Global Warming going on, each summer gets even hotter and hotter, and our southern winters keep getting milder and milder (and snowless too).

Are you bummed about the heat too? Is Global Warming depressing you? Are you sad that winter is only seven months away, but you know that the mid-day highs will rarely dip below 50 and you'll hardly see a flake of snow?

Then join the club, we've got jackets! Wait a minute... jackets? In this heat? Get those things away from me!

Join the club, we've got tank-tops.

All this talk about Chuck E. Cheese, I've been seeing new commercials lately, and man, his voice sounds so off now . . . it's almost like he's been smoking too much lately, lol.

It's been brought up I don't know how many hundreds of times: we need more mods here to lighten Phil and Ed's loads. MC is a relative good-sized community with several active members every day, it's by no means a small forum, where just two staffers would be sufficient. The sheer size and activity of MC warrants more mods. Members have offered up suggestions, and have nominated who they feel may be best suited for the job, but there always seems to be some sort of condition that makes them unfit for the job as far as Phil and/or Ed are concerned: they don't get along with certain members, they have a few rotten posts or threads under their belt, they're not active enough to monitor the forum regularly, among other reasons. Look, nobody's perfect, we all have our bad moments on occasion, but surely somebody among this vast community must be able to pass muster to be able to take on the job.

It has been, and since spring came extra early this year, and a little taste of summer was already had earlier this month, I'm hoping this trend will continue and fall will come early again this year like it did last year (for the first time ever). I mean, I just hope summer will go quickly.

It's kind of like almost every KFC seems to have uneducated, dimwitted employees who don't know how to count, or can't tell the different between light and dark meat, or original and extra crispy.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I close my eyes, and I can envision a monster performed by Richard Hunt with shades and wild hair, maybe some spiked wrist bands, in front of a fake brick wall covered in alphabet and number graffiti.