1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Let's Take a Stand:The Muppet Show Season 4 and 5

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Muppet Master, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

http://www.disneystudioshelp.com/Contact_Us.html

Everyone who can please go on this website and plead Disney to release TMS S4 and S5 (and whatever else muppet production wise) on DVD/Blu-Ray. When you do, post on this thread what you wrote. Hopefully if enough people plead, because there are a lot of people on this forum, we can get them released, so get cracking.

2. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Good luck! I'll write to them tomorrow

MikaelaMuppet and Muppet Master like this.
  3. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

This is the message i sent Disney about 2 minutes ago!

Hello I am from Muppet Central and we all having been waiting for you guys to release the final 2 seasons of The Muppet Show! You had a strong start with the first 3 and then the last 2 never came. We will give your our money for these two seasons! You will make some good money and have a lot of muppet support with Muppets Most Wanted slowly leaving theaters and almost to DVD and Bluray! We all hope you release them as a tie in with Muppets Most Wanted Bluray/DVD release! Thanks for your time!

4. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

If Walter couldn't get Disney to listen what makes you think we can? :p But anything to help a good cause.

Disney- what's a Muppet central?

5. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member

haha i like that

6. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

Nice job, but the idea is if they get bombarded with like 1,000 pleas then they're bound to suck it up and release it.

MikaelaMuppet and muppetlover123 like this.
  7. Pinkflower7783

Dear Disney,

Suck it up and release seasons 4 and 5 NOW! How's that? :p

8. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

Ahh, slacktivism. Gotta love it.

Disney is not your parents. You can't nag and nag and expect them to give you what you want. Disney is a business. They will release seasons 4 and 5 on DVD when and only when they think it's a good move. When it will have the greatest impact, promote the brand, make them money, and other factors I don't know about (but I suspect includes giving a hoot). The begging web-response forms from one or two dozen fans will be read by whichever intern got stuck with the task this week and go no further. We've been wanting those sets for how many years, asking for them, and what response have we gotten?

Sorry, but that's the way it is. I think it's dumb that they did not release the last two seasons with the movies. Dollars like mine that would have gone to them often find their way to the sellers of bootleg sets instead.

That said, go ahead and send your messages to whoever reads their web forms. Knock yourself out. Just don't expect a quickly-typed "gimme" message to have any effect.

9. sesamemuppetfan

sesamemuppetfan Well-Known Member

I do see what you're saying. However, do you realize that in 20 days, it will be officially 6 years since Disney released Season 3 on DVD? If you ask me, right now this WOULD be a good opportunity to have at least Season 4, if not both of the last 2 seasons released on DVD. The Muppets just made a spectacularly well-done film, and despite the small box office it got, we Muppet fanatics on here (myself included) enjoyed it a lot! On August 5th, this film will be released on DVD/BluRay; this would be a great opportunity to release at least Season 4 on DVD!

10. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

You're preaching to the choir. If course it would be good for them to release the rest of TMS! Thing is, the people in suits haven't seen fit to do so for whatever good or bad reasons they have. Sending a response to a web form (or signing an online petition, or E-mailing someone, or anything else that doesn't require more than a few minutes of effort) won't get diddly done.

MikaelaMuppet and DutchMuppet like this.
  11. dwayne1115

You would almost be doing better if you could send e mails and phone calls to the head of marketing at Disney.......

12. Pinkflower7783

Well at least I won't get jumped on for being realistic this time. I've been trying to get people here to see that about MMW but everyone thinks Disney is this saint of a company.

13. dwayne1115

No, fans have just had to get use to the fact that they aren't going to be released any time soon is all.

14. Pinkflower7783

No fans need to get used to that all Disney is looking at is the $$$$. Were only a small fraction of the Muppet community folks.

15. dwayne1115

And sadly I'm afraid we are getting smaller instead of growing.....

16. Pinkflower7783

Exactly I've tried to point this out but everyone either gets agitated when it's pointed out to them or prefers to hide behind rose colored glasses. Some people here refuse to admit that this film didn't do well. No maybe it's not a flop in the fans eyes or even in terms of a Muppet movie but I guarantee you Disney isn't shooting fireworks or breaking out the champagne.

17. dwayne1115

Oh no I mean if you compare MMW with TM sales wise it's not doing nearly what they thought it would.

18. Pinkflower7783

No and it makes me so sad...I was one of the few optimistic people about this film in the beginning a lot of people didn't think it was gonna happen but I knew it was because Kermit said so and if he says so then that's all I need to hear. So I was very optimistic about this film from the time they announced the go ahead till the release I did have reservations about the release date but I still thought it would do really well and for it to come to this it's just sad...

19. dwayne1115

It is very sad, and it is also sad to hear how the writers and director talked about the Muppets being stupid. The only real bright spot in this is the fact that Kermit and Piggy's relationship is stronger then it has ever been.

MikaelaMuppet and Pinkflower7783 like this.
  20. Pinkflower7783

Ha I feel like that's the consolation prize right now. And I'm one of the biggest K&P fans you'll ever meet but yet the box office numbers makes it hard to enjoy the K&P relationship. Yeah well their stupid for calling the Muppets stupid. :p

MikaelaMuppet and dwayne1115 like this.