1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Let's Take a Stand:The Muppet Show Season 4 and 5

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Muppet Master, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

Disney- SECURITY!!!

dwayne1115 likes this.
  2. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Well if we had a bigger fan base like Star Wars and Marvel and had huge conventions, and people dressing up as there favorite Muppets, and just a larger fan base Seasons 4 and 5 would be out already, and the Muppets would have there own TV show by now.

3. fozzieisfunny

fozzieisfunny Well-Known Member

I'm so lucky, I have The Muppet Show seasons 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 and all the seasons for Muppets Tonight!!

dwayne1115 likes this.
  4. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Yes, but not official releases.

5. fozzieisfunny

Yeah, well, obviously.

6. Pinkflower7783

I only want them if their official. Bootleg isn't the way to go.

7. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

I know I wish I had the real legitimate TMS s1, 2, and 3s, they look and are much better than my bootleg, but my birthday's in less than a week so...

8. fozzieisfunny

Well, I have the official Muppet Show Season 3 but I have all TMS and all MT seasons in a box set with Kermit, Fozzie, and Piggy on the front.

9. Muppet Master

Hmm, I don't know why, but I don't like bootlegs. I also have a bootleg version of all 5 seasons of TMS, 10 discs, and I found it in a thrift store for $9.07! But even though I like the real things more, and would easily give away my bootleg for the non-bootleg s1, 2, and 3.

10. fozzieisfunny

I have 12 discs. I have no idea how much it cost, though.

11. Muppet Master

10 discs and a season every 2 discs. They're DVRed from Disney Channel, Odessy, Dinsey UK, and Nick at Night, the latter which annoys me, because the Nick ones all have one segment cut, but most are from the Disney Channel which is good. The cover is basically the MTM cover all green with TMS on the front.

12. Pinkflower7783

Disney likes the UK...have you seen their merchandise?! So jealous!

13. sesamemuppetfan

sesamemuppetfan Well-Known Member

What kind of merchandise, specifically?

14. fozzieisfunny

Mine aren't copied from TV.

15. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

You kidding? Know how much Marvel and Star Wars stuff we're probably never going to see on DVD?

When was the last time you saw the entire Droids or Ewoks cartoon on DVD? I severely doubt Disney would release that. I'm not even sure Disney would release the not-special editions of the original movies... but that's also because Fox still owns them. And Marvel... well, I give them credit for releasing the entire 90's X-Men cartoon (on multiple 2 disk sets) and the 90's Fantastic Four cartoon (before the Marvel ownership, under their ownership of Saban's animated programming)... but they can't even release more that 12 out of order episodes of Ultimate Spider-Man or it will cut into the ratings or something stupid like that. To say the least of the (horrible) 1960's cartoon, the 80's cartoon (which they should have under their ownership), or the 90's cartoon. To say the least no 90's Iron Man or 80's or 90's Hulk.

Muppet Master and rexcrk like this.
  16. DutchMuppet

DutchMuppet Member

Tomorrow I will be in London and I will check out the merch in the Disney Store. Maybe buy something.

17. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Six years ago today The Muppet Show Season 3 was released and ever since we have been wondering when 4 and 5 would follow! Sadly we are still wondering.

18. Eyeball

Eyeball Well-Known Member

sucks dont it, what is disneys problem?

19. Muppet Master

It's so sad that we'll probably never get those sets, I'd have really looked forward to everyone on the forum sharing their experiences of going to their walmarts and targets and midnight and getting hold of the set like they did for season 2.

20. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

The problem is legal red tape, that's what! Obviously, some music rights holders and celebrity estates still refuse to budge and grant them the licenses that they need!

I wonder if the emails and whatnot that Disney gets regarding Seasons 4 and 5 get shared with the greedy, miserly jerk legal people that won't let Disney have the legal clearances that they need in order to release Seasons 4 and 5. That would probably go a long way towards getting the remaining TMS seasons released, especially when the legal people realize that they're losing money by the sets not being released.