1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Let's Take a Stand:The Muppet Show Season 4 and 5

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Muppet Master, Apr 29, 2014.

1. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

And on the same token, maybe we should also take stands and make petitions to get the insiders that have since abandoned us like Phillip Chapman, GelflingWaldo/Greg James, etc. to take breaks from their personal lives and get back to work reporting the reasons why Seasons 4 and 5 were delayed, etc.!

2. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

You know, if you put it THAT WAY I kind of feel sorry for Disney. Who knows which guest stars or guest star estates or song writers or song writer's estates are keeping Disney from releasing the remaining seasons, I mean why would they do that anyway, why torture the muppets when the guest star on the show most likely begged and pleaded to be on it! So, why wasn't there this problem with the first three seasons then? What gives me hope that Disney'll at least attempt to release the last two seasons is this.

This video was made on July 3, 2014. Well, not the video, but the advertisement at the end which states "IN STORES NOW" which shows the theatrically released muppet films that Disney owns besides TM'11 on Blu-Ray along with THE FIRST THREE SEASONS OF THE MUPPET SHOW ON DVD!!!!!!!!!! It also says copyright 2014 DISNEY. So they've got to have more planned if they market the first three seasons on that video and amazon and the three seasons could give you discount $ on MMW in theaters, so I mean if they market it well then they obviously have more in store. So, I'm guessing they're planning the release of TMS s4 and s5. Maybe not tomorrow or next month or even next year, but it'll probably be coming soon.

Duke Remington likes this.
  3. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

...ya' sure that's the idea you wanna go with?

muppetlover123 likes this.
  4. David French

David French Active Member

I was wondering the same thing.

Ladies and gents, contrary to Duke's post we don't know the exact reasons why there is a delay. Maybe it is a licencing issue, maybe it's because Disney/Buena Vista are no longer interested in releasing the last two seasons. Whatever, baseless speculation will not get us anywhere.

Slackbot likes this.
  5. Duke Remington

I doubt that they're no longer interested in releasing the last two seasons.

But I do agree that baseless speculation is not healthy.

6. Duke Remington

We don't have much of a choice. After all, they did abandon us without explanations and due to their strong connections with the sources, they owe us explanations as to why Seasons 4 and 5 have been delayed.

7. Muppet Master

All we really have now is The Muppet Mindset, ToughPigs, and MuppetsHenson, and I doubt they have any inside information.

8. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Um. They literally owe us nothing. They have personal lives that are more important some Muppet info. You should respect their decisions, not try to force them to do something you want.

9. Duke Remington

Muppet Mindset has contacts, but Mr. Dosier is afraid of ruining his relations with them.

10. Duke Remington

I understand, but I still feel that they do owe us things.

Another insider is OpenVaultDisney and I really wish he would post here again to reassure us all that Disney is still committed to releasing the rest of the Muppet Show on DVD and that they know about the demand for it and that they do care and that they're still working on getting all the legal red tape cleared and that they feel bad about not fulfilling their original promise to release Season 4 in 2010 as they announced at the 2009 D23 Expo.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2014
  11. Muppet Master

You know, I feel that by the time the 2 seasons see the light of day then DVDs will be practically extinct, and they'll have to be SD Blu-Rays.

12. FunnyBear

FunnyBear Active Member

NOO! Don't say that! I DON'T WANT BLURAYS!

13. panmanthe2nd

panmanthe2nd Active Member

I'm hoping (probably stupidly) that Disney will announce some sort of release for next year at D23 for the Muppets 60th anniversary. Or they might wait till 2016 for the 40th anniversary of The Muppet Show. How about season 4 next year, and season 5 in 2016 along with a box set?

Duke Remington and The Count like this.
  14. Muppet Master

I know, I think that maybe like they did that whole thing with "Kermit's 50th Anniversary", then they'll do the same thing and release the last two seasons as part of "Kermit's 60th Anniversary".
    I know right, but as a kid, I really can't buy the seasons on DVD anyways, I'd have to beg my parents like crazy to get just one of the seasons!

15. FunnyBear

FunnyBear Active Member

[QUOTE/]I know right, but as a kid, I really can't buy the seasons on DVD anyways, I'd have to beg my parents like crazy to get just one of the seasons![/QUOTE]Yeah, me too

Muppet Master likes this.
  16. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

How so? Have you paid them? Do you have evidence of a promise to funnel information to us in perpetuity? Just because you want something doesn't mean anyone owes it to you.

Look, if Disney doesn't want to say anything to us, they're not going to say anything to us, period. Badgering those of us who have been in contact in the past is not going to do any good whatsoever. We cannot make them create good news for us. They do not set policy. If Disney doesn't feel like releasing shows we want on DVD, then they will simply keep their silence rather than be up front about it and get the fans angry.

17. Duke Remington

Slight hypocrisy much?

Besides, they freakin' ANNOUNCED Season 4 at the 2009 D23 Expo, so the company DOES owe us an apology and an explanation on that front.

Unless they're just not allowed to talk about it, especially if there's still a ton legal red tape that has been particularly difficult to clear (I think it could very well be the John Denver estate as DrTooth and others mentioned some time ago).

18. Muppet Master

That depresses me, because if John Denver was alive today he would have easily let Disney release the episode (well he seemed like a nice guy).

19. fozzieisfunny

fozzieisfunny Well-Known Member

Well, he must've been a nice guy ( and a Muppet lover) since he didn't care if they kept on asking him to do Muppet projects!!

20. Muppet Master

I don't know who Disney's fooling by NOT releasing more season sets. I saw TMS S1 at Target, a nearly decade-old set, and only ONE copy remained, REALLY GOOD SALES, even now!

muppetgem likes this.