1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Save Muppet Central Radio
    Within days Muppet Central Radio could be off the air. Show your support and save the station by listening via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

Let's Take a Stand:The Muppet Show Season 4 and 5

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Muppet Master, Apr 29, 2014.

1. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

iTunes just makes everything look pricey.

2. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

Sales decline year-after-year.

As much as I'd love physical media like VHS and DVD to become a thing again, DVDs have unfortunately been surpassed by streaming.

3. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

I still disagree. DVDs WILL continue to be a thing and become a thing again as our economy heals.

No time for pessimism.

4. JT Yorke

JT Yorke Active Member

I think many collectors and fans wil buy it. Many people grew up with this show.

Duke Remington likes this.
  5. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

If you can get me 50 fans willing to do whatever it takes to try and get the show released. Then I will start the movement again!

6. JT Yorke

JT Yorke Active Member

So lets make a list :search:

dwayne1115 and Duke Remington like this.
  7. dwayne1115

Good luck!

8. dwayne1115

Well it's a start, the road to getting this released in any way shape or form is going to be a long one.
    After the latest show being canceled is just going to make this even more challenging, but nothing is impossible.

I have a question for Muppet Jake, did you send Disney an e-mail or a hand written letter? The reason I ask is because if we can get enough people to write, call or something to Disney they will have no choice but to respond in some way.
    I have always believed, that if fans really want this they have to show Disney how much they truly want it. The Muppets franchise is kind of at a crossroads right now, and I think if we could make enough noise, we might just have a chance.

MikaelaMuppet and Duke Remington like this.
  9. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

Hmmm... Could you actually hand-write/type them a letter because I could actually consider doing that.

10. dwayne1115

Of course you can! At one point I was considering trying to get as many hand written letters as I could from fans and send them all at once to Disney. When I get home I will do some searching for there address.

11. David French

David French Active Member

I refused to join because I thought it was one of the most inane and moronic ideas in the history of inane and moronic ideas. However many years later it is, I *still* think it was one of the most inane and moronic ideas in the history of inane and moronic ideas. And it is highly unlikely I will ever change my mind either.

Muppy likes this.
  12. Duke Remington

Then, be a true Muppet fan and change your mind! It's a great idea!

13. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Remind me the last time an online fan petition worked.

muppetgem and Muppy like this.
  14. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

It also doesn't help that practically all DVD releases are Vanilla Editions anymore (mainly because they want you to buy the Bluray releases instead). Heck, John R. Dilworth has taken it upon himself to post commentaries for fans on his YouTube channel because Cartoon Network released all four seasons of COURAGE THE COWARDLY DOG with no special features whatsoever.

That also brings me to. . . .

If I ever hear of any results being made in regards to the 2003 petition asking Cartoon Network to greenlight a fifth season of Courage, I'll let you know.

15. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Well-Known Member

Dude, 20th Century Fox has stopped releasing complete season DVD/Blu Ray sets of the Simpsons. One of the most popular TV shows of all time that's still going strong today. Yet they still felt that releasing it on DVD wasn't worth it anymore. I hate to say this, but if the people behind the Simpsons doesn't see the need in releasing complete DVD sets, what chance does the Muppet show have?

Sorry but the DVD market IS a dying one, ESPECIALLY for TV shows. And it's not a problem with the economy either. It's because the majority of people would rather have their favorite TV shows and movies streamed than have physical disc copies taking up space. Combine that with the fact that Muppets Most Wanted wasn't exactly a huge box office hit and the Muppets TV show lasted a mere one season with falling ratings, well again it KILLS me to say this, but seasons 4 and 5 of the Muppet show seems like a total pipe dream.

16. D'Snowth

Mainly it's because they're lazy. They don't want to have to do all of the work of pulling a DVD off a shelf, inserting it into a player, skipping through trailers and promos, and navigating through menus to get to what they want to watch.

But even streaming has drawbacks too, namely. . . .
    [​IMG]
    This is the biggest complaint I hear from people who have Netflix is when shows and movies are removed from their service, then it's like end of the world. One-time purchase of the DVD and it's yours forever, whenever you want to watch it, without having to worry about it being taken away from you. So what if you have to do some physical activity of having to put the disc into the player and navigate through some menus? Once upon a time, people had to get up out of their seats, walk over to the TV, and turn a bunch of dials to change the channel, adjust the brightness/contrast, change the volume, etc. because remotes didn't exist then.

17. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Well-Known Member

Maybe for some people it's a "lazy" thing. But for others, they can take up a lot of space very quickly.

18. D'Snowth

Well, streaming and such can take up a lot of space (and memory) on your hard drive, thus bogging down your computer (that is if you're using a computer to stream).

Not to mention, you have to have a reliable internet connection to stream, which some people out there don't have the luxury of.

19. Duke Remington

Such a pessimistic attitude will not be tolerated. :grr:

20. muppetlover123

muppetlover123 Well-Known Member