1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Let's Take a Stand:The Muppet Show Season 4 and 5

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by Muppet Master, Apr 29, 2014.

1. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

We're still on that reality = pessimism bandwagon?

muppetgem likes this.
  2. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Well-Known Member

I'm not being "pessimistic", I'm being realistic. Look dude, I want the rest of the Muppet Show on DVD, just as much, if not than more than anyone else here. I'm an insane Muppets fanatic, and if you don't believe me, I'll proudly display my Muppets collection (which I have spent hundreds, probably more like thousands) including action figures, T shirts, busts, replicas and more. I'll also show you my Muppet tattoo on my shin (painful spot for a tattoo FYI). But still at this point, I think we can pretty much forget a DVD release. I honestly hope I'm wrong, but at this point, it seems unlikely.

muppetgem, Muppy and Pig's Laundry like this.
  3. David French

David French Active Member

Out of interest, if none of the mods decide to participate does that mean they're not "true Muppet fans"?

4. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

They might release something new soon- because they just promoted their own 3 DVDs on Facebook, ''In Stores Now!''

Duke Remington likes this.
  5. Duke Remington

Duke Remington Well-Known Member

Drop the pessimism anyway.

gavry3 likes this.
  6. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Yes, that will solve everything!

muppetlover123 likes this.
  7. D'Snowth

8. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

Come on y'all let's not argue, our country is in so much turmoil right now, that the least we could do here is not be hateful no matter how wrong we think someone else's oppion is.
    It's ok for some fans (me included) to still have hope that season 4 and 5 will some how be realesed. It is also ok for others to say it's not going to happen. It dose not mean that one side is a better Muppet fan then the other. It's just a differance in oppions.

muppetgem and Muppet Master like this.
  9. gavry3

gavry3 Well-Known Member

That has nothing to do with it. Let's just say, Season 4 and 5 will come out soon. Why wouldn't they? They're still online.

Duke Remington likes this.
  10. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Now, obviously I don't work for Disney, so I could be wrong. The fact that they're starting to promote the first three seasons again could show us that they're going to release the last two in the foreseeable future. I don't actually know how far they got in terms of clearing the rights to songs and all that. But, at this point, unless they only plan to release a limited number of copies, I doubt this would even be very profitable anymore.
    It's been years since season 1-3 came and DVDs are dying out, so it seems unlikely that this'll happen. If they are released, it'll most likely be on a streaming service. And in fact, i'd argue the fact that the episodes are still online and Disney hasn't taken them down for copyright shows that they probably don't have much hope to release them anytime soon.

11. Duke Remington

I disagree. DVDs are not dying out.

12. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

And, what exactly is this assessment based on?

13. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

They still sell them at Wal--Mart?

14. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

They have been taken down the main source. It's just that there are so many episodes of not just TMS, but tons of other shows illegally on YT.

15. rexcrk

rexcrk Well-Known Member

God.. give it a rest.

The physical media market definitely isn't what it used to be, now that streaming and digital media is so prominent.

TV shows on DVD and Blu-ray are definitely victims of this (the fact that they won't even put anymore Simpsons on DVD is a huge indicator).

It's nice that you want the rest of The Muppet Show on DVD, we all do, but stop with "fingers in my ears I'm not listening lalalalala!" act.

16. D'Snowth

17. Bliffenstimmers

Bliffenstimmers Active Member

[​IMG]

muppetgem likes this.
  18. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

it has been 10 years since season 3 and about 7/8 years since season 4 was announced so I'm starting to get the feeling that IT'S NOT HAPPENING

19. Duke Remington

Sorry, but I can't and won't.

20. Duke Remington

Again, drop the pessimism! :mad: