1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Let's talk about the Muppets!

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by dwayne1115, Sep 22, 2016.

1. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I love Muppet Central, but there is a growing problem here that needs to be fixed! No one is talking about the Muppets!!! The whole meaning of the forums and no one talks about the classic Muppet Show Muppets anymore.
    Now I know that they dont have a movie or show currently out right now but that's never stoped us before. So come on Muppet fans Let's talk about the Muppets!

scooterfan360 likes this.
  2. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

Okay then, what would be the best Muppet stuff to watch to celebrate Steve and Jim's birthday?

Or as I call it 'Kermit Day' :)

3. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Oh, holy spit! How could I forget that's this week?!? What kind of a Muppet fan am I?! :o

And I think "Kermit Day" should be an official holiday amongst the internet Muppet fan community.

JimAndFrank likes this.
  4. dwayne1115

The Muppets take Manhattan. This shows Jim and Steve working together quite a bit.

JimAndFrank likes this.
  5. JimAndFrank

JimAndFrank Well-Known Member

Nice one! I just remembered the Fraggle Rock episode with a heap of Wembley and Convincing John interaction, so I might watch that as well.

6. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

I know of another great performance with Steve & Jim, Tale of The Bunny Picnic.

dwayne1115 and JimAndFrank like this.
  7. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

I agree, I also liked your favorite character by a performer threads, they helped engage conversation.

dwayne1115 and Pig's Laundry like this.
  8. BlakeConor14

BlakeConor14 Well-Known Member

I wanna talk about Johnny fiama he's my favorite Muppet and I've always questioned why he was dropped so suddenly

9. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Well, i'm guessing the reason Johnny doesn't appear anymore may partly be because Brian Henson doesn't do Sal anymore. So maybe they have to find someone to do Sal.

10. MuppetSpot

Plus the Johnny & Sal Puppets have become unusable as well.

11. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

What is everyone's favorite episode of The Muppet Show?

12. BlakeConor14

I do understand both them reasons but in vmx and mwoo they were both major characters

13. dwayne1115

Spike Milligan,just because he was almost as crazy as the Muupets where.

I would like to think that Johnny could do well without Sal. Although nothing would please me more if Brian would come back. He has such energy with whomever he is working with.

BlakeConor14 likes this.
  14. MuppetSpot

I think that's Joe said in the Google-hangout but, I honestly think it's Bill's decision what to do with Johnny.

BlakeConor14 likes this.
  15. BlakeConor14

I agree and in the bohiemien video sal was not performed by Brian

16. dwayne1115

Well if you think about it Bill has gotten really comfertable preforming both Dr. Theeth and Rowlf. When you add those two with Pepe and the Swidish Chef Bill has a lot of characters now. So I could understand Johnny taking a back seat.

17. BlakeConor14

But Bill started performing both the Swedish chef and Dr teeth after MWOO

18. MuppetSpot

Yeah that plus Bill's a writer, producer, director, and also he is one of the few Muppeteers that work for Henson as well. As well he's performing Big Mean Carl, Mahna Mahna, and Bobo. I kind see why Johnny isn't as active.

Also Bill started doing the Swedish Chef since Muppet Treasure Island.

BlakeConor14 likes this.
  19. BlakeConor14

Ok I forgot he started after treasure island with the Swedish chef and also in The Muppets was puppet Gary virtually Johnny fiama

20. BlakeConor14

Ok I forgot he started after treasure island with the Swedish chef and also in The Muppets was puppet Gary virtually Johnny fiama