Let's Talk 'Bout Eren Ozker...

Kiki

Reaction score
She died from Cancer on this day (25th of Jan) in 1993. So as a tribute, I wanted to make a thread in memory of her...

Eren Ozker joined the Muppet crew in the 70's and performed in the first season of The Muppet Show back in '76. I loved all of her characters on the show: Hilda, Wanda, various whatnots, and even her Janice was pretty good. I also loved Gretchen -a character Eren performed in a show called Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas- who was this stuck-up poshnob fox. I got quite a kick out of another character Eren did in 'Emmet Otter's'... Charlie Muskrat's mother (Sorry- I know she has an actual name- I just forgot it!).
I really like Eren while she lasted with The Muppets. Though I think she's a little forgotten now since she stopped working with the Henson team sometime after the first season of TMS.
Though in spite of being under-rated (in my opinion), Eren was one of my all-time favourite Muppeteer's. I sort of pictured her as this loving, slightly coy woman with a unique soul... but I can't say anything because I've never met her! Though I would've liked to.
I miss Hilda... I miss Wanda... I missed all of Eren's characters, and of coarse, Eren herself.

Rest in peace. :sympathy:

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I don't really know much about her except that she was a really talented Muppeteer. I wish that she could have spent more time doing that.

travellingpat

Reaction score
Its too bad she died so soon and that she left TMS so soon, she was very talented and was one of the few female muppeteers we've had...Thanks Eren!

Kiki

Reaction score
Why isn't her name menchioned in the tributes section of MC?? :confused: :concern: I made a thread posing the question but no one knew the answer.