1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website and apps. We're also on iTunes and Apple TV. Learn More

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Let's try and get 100,000 replies to this post

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by 1000 Eyes, Sep 3, 2017.

1. ErinAardvark

ErinAardvark Well-Known Member

Thank you.

2. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

3. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Who put the bomp in the bomp bah bomp bah bomp
    Who put the ram in the rama lama ding dong

4. ErinAardvark

I'm going to have to hurt my sister badly. She referred to the 35th anniversary My Little Ponies as "FiM" (the 35th anniversary ponies are reproductions of the original first six MLP's). She says it was a slip of the tongue, but I have to wonder if she said it on purpose, considering I don't like FiM, and she knows it.

5. 1000 Eyes

1000 Eyes Well-Known Member

6. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Why don’t you like FIM?

7. ErinAardvark

I don't like the animation, I don't like the character design, and I really don't like the voices. It can be funny, I will admit that (my sister has shown me bits and pieces), but it's just not my cup of tea.

I'd say another reason is that some members of the fandom are completely crazy (not all, mind you, but there are some) and treat the show like it's a religion, but I don't think that's good enough of a reason. These said "Crazies" as I call them, also tend to bash the original 80' MLP, which is the version I grew up with. I also can't seem to get away from it. Even when I'm searching for 1980's MLP in Google or YouTube, I still have to sift through what seems like endless FiM related videos.

8. LittleJerry92

True fact, I dealt with this really annoying kid at Landmark who tries to shame you if you mention you don't like My Little Pony.

His parents literally shelter and spoil the guy just because he's on the autism spectrum.

9. MikaelaMuppet

Do you like Equestria Girls?

10. Pig's Laundry

Skip to 13:20. Thank me later:

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  11. 1000 Eyes

Skip to 0:00. You'll thank me later.

12. ErinAardvark

No. I don't like ANYTHING that has to do with FiM. I like the original My Little Pony. It is the ONLY MLP I like. I was born in 1982, so I grew up with the original version, and it just bugs me that a lot of the fans of FiM have so little respect for it. Don't they realize that they would not even have FiM if not for the 80's MLP?

Sorry for the all-caps, but sometimes, that is the only way to put my point across. And sorry for the little rant there. Just my own opinion and it does not reflect the opinions of anybody else. I don't have a problem with those who like FiM, or it's spin-offs or what-have-ya, as long as you're not one of the Crazies that act like you're superior to those who don't like it.

13. MikaelaMuppet

It’s fine. And I accept your apology.

14. LittleJerry92

Wasn't really sure where else to post this.... So I'll post it here:

So... Because it's been over 11 years and after seeing @D'Snowth bring it up a couple times, I decided to re-watch Snow Day.

My opinion has actually gone up a bit. I used to think the movie was pretty "meh", but now I will say there are actually some pretty funny moments, like how desperate Hal is to get with Claire, Randy being the little trouble maker he is, Tom trying to be the best weatherman, and of course, poor principal Weaver getting snowballs thrown at him.... I can only imagine how many kids got in trouble when it was time to go back to school. :p

I will however say the acting was a little cheesey.... But given that it's a kid's movie, maybe that's just me coming off as a little biased. But, eh, whatever.

On a random note: I noticed the PlayStation controller the kids had in their little snow fort.... It looks like they're playing a Rugrats game

15. LittleJerry92

That had me dying. :D

Pig's Laundry likes this.
  16. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

It's funny how some 80's things have mutated over the years- My Little Pony, Strawberry Shortcake, Rainbow Brite, Littlest Pet Shop, Smurfs and Care Bears as well, and how some people will claim their era is legit, everything else is bogus.
    Maybe you could shed some light- how did the whole Brony phenomenon start? Guys almost as old as me, playing with little girlie toys, having fantasies about Pinky Pie, this is more than creepy. Help explain this to me.

17. ErinAardvark

Unfortunately, I can't. I don't understand it, either! According to my sister (who knows more about FiM than I would, as she is a fan), it started with an article on a site called Cartoon Brew saying something along the lines of "the end of creator driven shows" (or something like that, she doesn't visit the site). A fan of Lauren Faust's work (creator of FiM) was on 4-Chan and encouraged people to watch FiM to spite the guy on Cartoon Brew. Others on 4-Chan watched because they thought it was going to be "your typical girly-girl cartoon" which would provide material for mocking. Instead, it had the opposite effect. They loved the show, they spread the word, and it gained a following of arrogant, ego-centric teenagers, with "my way or the highway" attitudes (this does not decribe every single Brony in the fandom, mind you, just a small, EXTREMELY vocal, minority).

As far as guys playing with "little girlie toys," I have no problem with that, but I *do* think having fantasies about Pinkie Pie is disturbing.

muppetgem likes this.
  18. 1000 Eyes

I myself don't really care about what one watches, I know some "Bronies" myself, and I mean normal guys like me who just enjoy the show and nothing more. I mean, I myself enjoy the Barbie films that have been released - benefits of a sister lol - so I don't care so long as they don't go crazy over it.

LittleJerry92 and muppetgem like this.
  19. LittleJerry92

20. Pig's Laundry

Is that a 70s Doctor Who monster?