Letter from Disney's Peter Murphy

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
This a VERY VERY brief letter I received today from Peter E. Murphy, Senior Executive Vice President and Chief Strategic Officer of Walt Disney Co. in response to a letter I wrote to Disney President and COO Bob Iger. In the letter I wrote in February, I asked what happened with the deal and gave support of a Henson buyout.

Here's the immensely short letter:

April 10, 2003

Mr. Kenny Baker
Address
City/State/Zip Code

Dear Mr. Baker:

I received your letter to Robert Iger from February 8, 2003.

While The Walt Disney Company shares your enthusiasm for The Jim Henson Company and its characters, we do not comment on pending acquisitions.

Stay Tuned!

Sincerely,
Peter Murphy

cc: Robert Iger

And that was basically it, though I was shocked to even get a response (it was February 18, though his letter said 8, when I sent my letter). The same day I wrote lengthier letters to Eisner and Disney CFO Thomas Staggs, so hopefully I get responses (even if they're short) from them.

BoyRaisin2

Reaction score
Yes. For once walking to the mailbox wasn't a COMPLETE waste of time. :smile:

Stay Tuned. Hmm...

Luke

Reaction score
Y'know one day i hope to be a Senior Executive Vice President and Chief Strategic Officer of something like that. You get to sit around all day and write letters to people basically saying "I can't tell you anything so i'm writing to tell you."

We all know really he's probably sitting at his desk in his Kermit The Frog costume, with his mouse ears on. Playing with his action figures and having his Disney character one's interact with his Palisades Muppets ones, and pausing now and then to play Muppet Racemania and wondering how great it would have been with a Donald Duck bonus level !

:rolleyes:

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
Y'know one day i hope to be a Senior Executive Vice President and Chief Strategic Officer of something like that. You get to sit around all day and write letters to people basically saying "I can't tell you anything so i'm writing to tell you."

We all know really he's probably sitting at his desk in his Kermit The Frog costume, with his mouse ears on. Playing with his action figures and having his Disney character one's interact with his Palisades Muppets ones, and pausing now and then to play Muppet Racemania and wondering how great it would have been with a Donald Duck bonus level !

:rolleyes:
If he was, I'm sure Jim Hill will write an article about it soon. Making sure to add in a story about how in his frog suit, he fed some cheese to a mouse that crept into his office, and then they all whistled a happy little tune together while creating a new ride called Kermit the Frog's wild bike ride. :rolleyes: