Letter to author Christopher Finch

maynard

Reaction score
Mr. Finch-

As a Muppet expert can you help me to find out which celebrities are the major basis for Muppets. Like Miss Piggy does a lot of the same moves and routines as Hotlips Hollihan
and The Count is a lot like Count Chocula in looks and the way he talks/laughs.
But do you have any info about Muppets being modeled after celebrities plus your own opinion?

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Um, WHY are you posting this HERE? Do you want us to proofread it or something? Do you want us to add anything to it or suggest something that should be taken out? What?

-Kim

The Great Gonzo

Reaction score
Personally, I think this whole issue is moot. Maybe some of the Muppets were originally inspired by celebrities, but in the past 25 years they have developed their own personalities. Miss Piggy is not "supposed to be Hot Lips." She is Miss Piggy, and that's that.

Maynard's new. I don't want to be mean to a new person. I am officially ignoring these posts from now on, rather than gettin' out the flame thrower.

Salmoto

Reaction score
Get out the flame thrower anyway....We'll roast marshmallows and cannolis.....and hold hands, and sing Kumbaya......and......just you and me, bosom buddies, ol' pal ol' bean! We'll bond....

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Marshmallows? *pulls out graham crackers and chocolate bars- Hersheys, of course* Okay, who wants s'mores? :smile:

-Kim

The Great Gonzo

Reaction score
Originally posted by Salmoto
Get out the flame thrower anyway....We'll roast marshmallows and cannolis.....and hold hands, and sing Kumbaya......and......just you and me, bosom buddies, ol' pal ol' bean! We'll bond....
Hee, hee! I'm trying to rise above it, but your promises of cannolis are so strong!