Letters to Santa: Some thoughts

Puckrox

Reaction score
Okay, I'm kind of addicted to the songs from this special, which is sad because there's only four of them. But I think all of them are pretty great (I'll occasionally skip the mail one). I'm trying to get my fill of all of them, so after Christmas it'll be easier to wean myself off of them.

Question guys: During the song "My Best Christmas Yet", does anyone else here "Muppet" instead of "My Best" in some of the verses? It's the way that they say it. It sounds as though they're trying to purposefully do this, in my opinion. Yeah? Anyone else?

robodog

Reaction score
I saw this for the first time a couple weeks ago. It was the first Muppet production I'd seen in years ( The last was AVMMC ). I enjoyed it fairly well.

Claire's mom may have been a human supremicist at first but like any human with a soul she seemed to warm up to the muppets as she got to know them.

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
Okay, I'm kind of addicted to the songs from this special, which is sad because there's only four of them. But I think all of them are pretty great (I'll occasionally skip the mail one). I'm trying to get my fill of all of them, so after Christmas it'll be easier to wean myself off of them.

Question guys: During the song "My Best Christmas Yet", does anyone else here "Muppet" instead of "My Best" in some of the verses? It's the way that they say it. It sounds as though they're trying to purposefully do this, in my opinion. Yeah? Anyone else?
I'm crazy about "It's All About Heart". Reminds me of "Movin' Right Along" - just a great, jaunty travelin' tune. If I could pick any place for another musical number in The Muppets, it'd be a number starting with Kermit and Fozzie and Gonzo once they decide they need to do a montage while they're getting the gang back together.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
I've always wondered what the embarrassment was about (perhaps he was jealous of Beaker, though Bunsen could just use the helmet to wish for his own).
It could simply be that he wasn't expecting Beaker to make a wish quite like that, haha.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
As for Claire's mom warming up to them, it seems we don't really see much of Claire or her mom. We see Claire writing her letter, we see them interracting with the Muppets in an early scene, and then they reappear when the Muppets visit at the end. Seems like she suddenly warmed up to them when they arrived. But then again, they had to have known each other for a little while, being neighbors and friends to Claire. Still, it's not like Doc warming up to the Muppets in A Muppet Family Christmas, where he starts to enjoy spending Christmas with them by the time Kermit worries about Miss Piggy. Though it seems more like Doc being disapointed that he and Sprocket aren't spending Christmas alone together like they'd planned (and I assume Doc paid Ma Bear).

Puckrox

Reaction score
I'm crazy about "It's All About Heart". Reminds me of "Movin' Right Along" - just a great, jaunty travelin' tune. If I could pick any place for another musical number in The Muppets, it'd be a number starting with Kermit and Fozzie and Gonzo once they decide they need to do a montage while they're getting the gang back together.
I listened to "It's All About Heart" a gazillion times today. I love the tune of it, no doubt, but the lyrics are pretty gosh darn amazing. The lines "our merry mission hits the road tonight" and "a place of business near the midnight sun" are just incredible to me for some reason.

I love "My Best Christmas Yet" a lot as well. And "I Wish I Could Be Santa Claus" is beautiful and moves me to tears half the time.

Borples

Reaction score
I haven't seen this one in a couple of years, and don't remember the details very well. I thought about buying it on DVD, but then I read that Rizzo and Pepe are Santa doubters through most of the movie? If that's true, I have to wait a few years. I have a five, three and one year old, and I don't need the questions! :laugh:

Puckrox

Reaction score
I haven't seen this one in a couple of years, and don't remember the details very well. I thought about buying it on DVD, but then I read that Rizzo and Pepe are Santa doubters through most of the movie? If that's true, I have to wait a few years. I have a five, three and one year old, and I don't need the questions! :laugh:
Oh they're doubters for most of the film, but I don't think you have too much to worry about. Let's just say ol' Saint Nick makes an appearance at the end and puts an end to any doubt.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Oh they're doubters for most of the film, but I don't think you have too much to worry about. Let's just say ol' Saint Nick makes an appearance at the end and puts an end to any doubt.
Exactly. And their doubts are pretty crazy ones too, like, "I'd love to help you find Santa Claus, but my flying unicorns are in the shop!" Or similar.

ToodlesTeam

Reaction score
Exactly. And their doubts are pretty crazy ones too, like, "I'd love to help you find Santa Claus, but my flying unicorns are in the shop!" Or similar.
"Ha! That's very funny! Because flying unicorns aren't real!"
"Yeah, but they don't go to shops either."

One of my favorite little gags in the special!