1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Level of digital puppetry

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Princeton, Oct 28, 2015.

1. Princeton

Princeton Active Member

Since computer animation was much more in vouge by the time The Muppets 2011 and Muppets Most Wanted were made, the temptation was there to make some of the more challenging puppet effects digital. I suspect that quite a substantial bit of Digital puppetry was used in those two films, but James Bobin and the Muppeteers have been very relax on that subject. Can anybody confirm whether digital puppetry was used in those two movies?

2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I just know that a lot of chromakey was done. Like a lot. Like an unnecessary lot.

3. Iscah

Iscah Active Member

Tough Pigs posted a great article where Matt Vogel and Eric Jacobsen had given a live commentary on MMW. They talk about the puppetry and how much was *not* CGI.

4. Princeton

Princeton Active Member

Thank you for that link. The real bugaboo for me as a viewer was "I'm Number One" so I was glad that it was touched on.