Linda Bove starring at the Pasadena Playhouse

mikebennidict

Reaction score
I don't think this doesn't qualify as Henson People but it's a nice article and good to see what she's doing right now.

BEAR

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
I don't think this doesn't qualify as Henson People but it's a nice article and good to see what she's doing right now.

I wasn't exactly sure where to post it between "Henson People", "Headlines" or just plain "Sesame Street". Since it had nothing to do with Sesame Street I just put it under people since that is where we discuss individual company members.

Yes, it is nice to be updated on what she is doing. We don't get to hear about her often. She is the founder of the Deaf West Theatre in Los Angeles with her husband and they have been doing many wonderful productions there for quite a while now. I saw A Streetcar Named Desire there once and it was wonderful. She wasn't in it but I recognized her name in the program on the board of directors. What they do there is so wonderful and interesting. They put on plays with casts of deaf and non-deaf actors and they use sign language and speaking on stage. The deaf actors (who obviously can't speak all their lines) have actors dressed in black on the sidelines (in clear view) speaking for them. It is really neat. Not only do they perform straight plays, but also well known broadway musicals, believe it or not. I would love to be able to see Linda in one of these shows someday. I am not able to see the one she is currently starring in, but maybe next time.