Lips is Back!

dwmckim

Reaction score
It's not online yet - but soon will be!

I did indeed get my copy this last week and you guys who have been waiting to see this will NOT be let down! All the puppets (and their wintery costumes) look great! Lips still has his working fingers as part of the new puppet!

Dr. Teeth's nose gets a little off center because it's blowing in the breeze with all the musicians' hair! And the number sounds SO much better than it did on Green & Red Christmas. Bill's Dr. Teeth has really improved (sounds more like Doc and less like Bobo) - plus Floyd and Janice sing backup AND get a couple solo lines each - and Matt/David both sound SPOT ON! (I was SO nervous about Janice singing for the first time because i LOVE Richard's singing voice especially as Janice but i was so thrilled with hearing her and Floyd). Not only is Matt's floyd sounding more and more close to Jerry's but he's getting the movements pretty much NAILED as well!

You can see Eric's head pop up a little in frame on Animal's last close-up. Jane Krakowski gives them a MARVELOUS intro (and Zachari Levi gives them a not-as-marvelous outro). This is one incredible Muppet performance and will totally be worth the wait!

Since i don't have the ability to put videos online, i did a tape trade with someone who can and sent out the dvd to him today priority mail so hang on---it will be available to all very soon!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Dr. Teeth's nose gets a little off center because it's blowing in the breeze with all the musicians' hair!
You do not realize how funny that sounded, did you? I bust a gut! :big_grin:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
ryhoyarbie said:
Since Steve Whitmire gave Lips a Louis Armstrong type voice and since Steve was young at the time, he thought people of the black persuasion would be offended anytime Lips would say something, so he opted the character not to say anything and just play the trumpet.
I guess he got over it by the time he played Sonny in Dinosaurs. :smile:

rexcrk

Reaction score
I can't wait to see the band's performance!