Little Shop of Horrors Commercial

Jinx

Reaction score
My local theatre is currently producing Little Shop of Horrors. It kills me that I don't get to be in it, but their rehearsals went up squarely against my wedding and honeymoon, so I had to prioritize!:big_grin: I can at least console myself that I have gotten to be in numerous productions before.

I have been acting as puppetry consultant this past week, teaching many nuances and practicalities to their puppeteers (they're using different puppeteers for Act I and Act II).

A couple of days ago the producer asked me to produce a commercial for the show, so last night I used the #1 puppet to shoot this commercial. I produced the audio track first and then performed a sync to the audio.

The puppets were rented from McAvene Designs. They're really a great set of puppets and I would recommend them to anyone looking to rent a set. I've used a lot and these are easily among the best I've seen. Extremely well-constructed and lightweight (comparatively speaking, of course) and easy to manipulate.

Comments welcome!

AveQ

Reaction score
Look like some cool puppets! I made a LSOH puppet a while back for my own pleasure ( I love the musical), but theirs looks better than mine! D: This is the only pic I could find of mine, this was during the building of it (IE: the white vein). -> http://i53.tinypic.com/13ymbgg.jpg.

Any idea what they used to make theirs?