"Little Shop of Horrors" thread

JustinHoskie

Reaction score
Considering the fact that the movie was directed by Miss Piggy, the original Audrey II was built by Snuffy, and Kermit's son worked on the film, I guess a a general Little Shop of Horrors thread is only natural. :smile:

This is by far my favorite movie and, I think, the best musical.... Ever. I have 7 cast albums on my iPod right now, including 2 versions of the film soundtrack, the OCA and the OBA, a performance recording of the original production, a recording of a performance with Joey Fatone, and the complete set of Howard Ashman and Alan Menken's demos, I have my own edit of the Intended Cut on my computer that I put together myself (as soon as it comes out, I'm gonna but a copy of the REAL version of The Intended Cut), AND I have a copy of Howard's original treatment of the film script on my computer. And it's really the only movie that I NEVER grow tired of; I know every line and every note of every song in the movie, and Ellen Greene's performance of Audrey is one of my favorite film performances.

Plus, the puppetry is girlwiththedragontatoo awesome:
(The videos won't play here, but they will play on YouTube. I would've tried to post videos that played, but these were the best versions of the scenes.)

So, what are your thoughts on the stage show, the movie, the original vs. happy endings, various casts- Just what do you think of the show. :smile:

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I love Little Shop of Horrors! I'm glad I found someone else who does! Audrey II, the music, and everything else is just wonderful.

Yorick

Reaction score
I love this 1980's Frank Oz film, and the play I saw (which this version of the film is based on) and also the original Roger Corman version of the film from the 1960's (not a musical), and the early 1990's cartoon show (which had elements of both the Roger and Frank versions). All have their charm, and I love them all. Great thread idea!

If we're going to talk about the different endings, I'll put a spoiler alert:
Spoiler alert!
The original ending of the Frank version (as opposed to the happy ending that now actually ends the film) is how the VHS box art made me think it would end! And that's even how I thought it would end when I first watched it, without ever having seen the box!

Here's a spoiler about the Roger Corman film:
Spoiler alert!
The Roger Corman film ends kind of the same, though there are differences.

Here's a spoiler about the play:
Spoiler alert!
The play ends kind of the same, though there are differences.