"Little Shop" returning to Broadway after all!

redmans

Reaction score
I got this off the Broadway.com mailing list:
---------------------------------------------------------------------
Little Shop of Horrors - The Broadway premier of Little Shop of Horrors is back on track. The revamped production will be directed by Jerry Zaks, and will star Hunter Foster as Seymour, Kerry Butler as Audrey, Rob Bartlett as Mr. Mushnik and Michael Leon Wooley as Audrey II, the voice of the killer plant. William Ivey Long is redesigning the costumes, as well. Performances start Friday, August 29 and the show opens on October 2 at the Virginia. Single tickets go on sale July 21!
---------------------------------------------------------------------
I notice there's been some recasting. It doesn't say, but I hope Martin Robinson is still involved on the puppets. As soon as I hear anything else I'll pass it along (if somebody doesn't beat me to it first)!

Tony

Muppetsdownunder

Reaction score
Thats great news, although theres not much chance I could see it anyway because I am in Australia but its still good news, I wasn't happy to hear that it cancelled before.

If I win a trip to the US I could come and see it!
:excited:

maybe a similar production will come to Australia but I doubt it!

:excited: :smile:

matleo

Reaction score
According to a friend of a friend yes, Marty is still involved. Hope this helps.

--Matt

Secret Squirrel

Reaction score
Tony. Marty, Anthony Asbury, Bill Remington and Matt Vogel are returning as the plant performers for the new season.

You may be interested to know that Kerry Butler is married to Muppet performer and writer Joey Mazzarino.

secret squirrel

Jennifer12

Reaction score
Not only Henson, but...

Not only is Henson involved with this one, but recently casting was announced and the Great Douglas Sills-- or God of All Things, as some are wont to call him-- will be playing the dentist.

Now I've got to, got to, got to figure out a way to go!

Jennifer

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this - that's awesome news! I'll be in NYC at the beginnning of September so I will be able to catch it! :excited:

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
that's awsome! I don't get to see it, but my drama teacher may be able to get me some great info!