Little things we've noticed

cjd874

Reaction score
You know what bugs me actually?

The fact that Richard Hunt never got to play a main character on the show. He only did side characters.
However, he played central characters on the Muppet Show, mainly Scooter and Statler who appeared in nearly every episode. Then Beaker and Janice became well-known too, so it must have been worth the wait.

I agree that it's a shame that he never had a breakout star on SS like Elmo, Cookie Monster, or Big Bird. His biggest claims to fame are probably Don Music, Forgetful Jones, Placido Flamingo, and Gladys the Cow.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
So, I've actually trained myself to notice puppetry movement with some of my favorite puppeteers, and here's one thing I've noticed.

Is it just me, or does Richard Hunt tend to bop his character's heads side to side.... At least when singing?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think I know what you're talking about; there's no singing, but I notice a distinction in the head and mouth movements in this clip:

I've noticed some people commenting on various different YouTube clips that Jim has a tendancy to "curl" the head on certain syllables, and I think I myself have a problem with that that I'm trying to break the habit of.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I actually noticed Jim tends to away his characters side to side as he sings.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Here's one thing I actually noticed and wonder from "A Cookie is a Sometime Food."

How in the world did Kevin manage to get those high notes with such a graspy voice? I can't imagine his throat not being soar after singing that.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Here's one that I'm surprised got by me. So, you know that backdrop that was behind the fence between Hooper's and 123 in Season 1?

Well, apparently from Season 2 to 29, that backdrop was between the carriage house and 123. It's always hard to see because the two building used to sit so close together during those years, but I kind of recognized the windows in the backdrop.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So, I've actually trained myself to notice puppetry movement with some of my favorite puppeteers, and here's one thing I've noticed.

Is it just me, or does Richard Hunt tend to bop his character's heads side to side.... At least when singing?
I've noticed that Steve Whitmire had a tendancy to emphasize the Henson Punch in his lip syncing by "punching" the head and mouth forward while speaking; it's particularly noticable with Kermit.