Little things we've noticed

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Here's something new I've just recently noticed:

So, whoever is performing the green DJ isn't doing that good a job, up until the last refrain, then suddenly the performance improves to the point it almost seems like a completely different performer stepped in at the last minute and switched.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I noticed that myself.

And actually, I noticed towards the end you can see the bottom of the Harvey Monster puppet a few times.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think you can also see the bottom of the puppet at one point in "We're All Monsters." I think this may have been before the puppets had "socks" or "sleeves" or whatever you want to call them.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
On a random note, it's actually sad that this is one of the few pre-Elmo clips Sesame Workshop is willing to release.... Since, you know, he doesn't speak. :rolleyes:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, we did get "Me, Claudius" on the 40 years DVD.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Well, we did get "Me, Claudius" on the 40 years DVD.
I honestly feel like we're just lucky to get that clip since it was the first Monsterpiece Theater skit.

Sesame Workshop otherwise hasn't shown much interest in putting put other clips of pre-Elmo cause we can't confuse the children! Right?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
True. I mean, home video inclusions of "We're All Monsters" has Kevin dubbing Jerry's Elmo lines, and even so, recent VHS and DVD releases of BIG BIRD IN CHINA has Marty dubbing Brian's Telly (which I really don't mind, because Brian's Telly could really get whiney to the point of being annoying).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
And on another point, only one Gleep (green Grover) clip has seen a commercial release.... In the case of the first and last skit.

Sometimes I can't help but wonder if that was just uploaded to represent what the skit was originally like (since the remake was also uploaded).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
You know what I find very odd?

In "Silly Song Time", every character except for the pink guy is a hippie.

And on another note, since the same group of characters appeared in the skit with the Frank Oz-voiced Hot Pink Anything Muppet boy demonstrating "forwards and backwards", I noticed the Little Jerry look-alike hippie doesn't have a face at all.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Are there any other known occasions where the Arbor fence is busted like in "That Furry Blue Mommy of Mine"? It's driving me crazy for some reason.