1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Monday August 6 on PBS. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Dismiss Notice

Little things we've noticed

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by minor muppetz, Aug 18, 2009.

1. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Anyway, I actually took a listen to the customer's voice in "Body Rythyms", and that definitely sounds like Brian Muhel trying to do a Frank Oz voice.

2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

It makes a little sense too, considering Richard was David's mentor, and now David is performing just about all of Richard's characters like Scooter and Janice.

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  3. D'Snowth

Another something I just recently noticed: in "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds," the supposed "diamonds" in the black sky only appear whenever Betty Lou is singing or speaking - it's especially noticable after the song where she informs one of the hippies she wasn't singing about Lucy, but rather, Wanda the Witch.

4. LittleJerry92

I noticed that myself.

Along with how badly chroma-keyed it was. :shifty:

5. D'Snowth

Maybe so, but this was the late 60s, so you have to be a little forgiving - the technology was still relatively new at the time. ;)

6. LittleJerry92

Oh, I know. It's one of those things you just notice as a video person. ;)

7. D'Snowth

Oscar looks dead when the convoy is first pulling out of Sesame Street to go search for Big Bird in FTB.

8. LittleJerry92

Does anyone else hear Jim Henson's voice as the Green Alphabeat in this song?

9. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

To me it looks like Kevin Clash is puppeteering Chrissy.

10. LittleJerry92

Yeah, I can see why you think that.

11. MuppetSpot

Who do you think puppeteered Chrissy in this number? It’s definitely not Jim, I can tell.

12. LittleJerry92

No, I can actually see a hint of Kevin puppeteering him.

13. D'Snowth

Another FTB one, but you know how there's a decal of a stylized red letter K in the back of Waylon Jennings's truck? As a little kid, I always thought that was supposed to be a Kmart sticker. :p

LittleJerry92 and ConsummateVs like this.
  14. MuppetSpot

It doesn’t seem like Jim Henson is performing the puppetry for Kermit in the segment, it looks more like Jerry Nelson.

15. LittleJerry92

Nah, I don't see much of a hint of Jerry in there. If anything, I think he was puppeteering the Green hippie and lavender woman.

16. MuppetSpot

But the puppetry doesn’t really look like Jim Henson, the lip sync is off.

17. LittleJerry92

To be fair, every puppeteer has had a slip up of lip-synching at some point.

18. MuppetSpot

19. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Am I the only one that's been kind of bothered by Grover's flanderization as of late? He used to be just sort of scatter brained and a bit clueless, and he tried too hard to please people which sometimes resulted in him getting worn out. Nowadays, he still has a lot of jobs and tries to be helpful, but it's gotten to the point that he's almost completely idiotic. It's like he can't do anything right.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018 at 5:08 PM
  20. D'Snowth

To a certain degree, yes. I mean, I like it when he's not necessarily a major part of the plot, because in that context, he's a genuine show-stealer, which makes him all the more endearing. But at the same time, yes, it's almost as if he's just become an outright lamebrain.

Unfortunately, this is something that's all too common with the dimwitted characters of kids shows: they just get progressively stupider the longer a show goes on. Ed? Kel? Two very good examples.