Little things we've noticed

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Frank was certainly the most consistent, I feel, especially with Grover and Cookie. Bert was kind of hit or miss, particularly in later years.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Well, to be fair, he's a straight man character compared to wild, zaney characters like Cookie Monster and Grover.

Froggy Fool

Reaction score
Yeah, I would say Frank or Jim. Though Dave Goelz, for not being a puppeteer but a puppet designer earlier in life, he's pretty good.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Thanks to Jim for recognizing Dave's potential as a performer.

Jim seemed to have the ability to recognize whether performing was someone's strength or weakness. I've heard rumors that he apparently felt John Lovelady was better suited as a coordinator/wranger/builder/whatever than a performer, and that apparently didn't sit well with John, hence why he left after Season 1 of TMS or so.

But what's interesting is that John seemed to bounce around from one puppetry project to another. . . . He was heavily involved with THE GREAT SPACE COASTER as a performer, builder, and associate producer for all but the last season or two. He also did time with Sid & Marty Krofft when they did D.C. FOLLIES.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I honestly think some of the performers got a little lazy depending on the day. Like, Richard seemed to vary the most, especially in his earlier years on the show. Sometimes his manipulation would be great, while other days, he was just straight up bad. But again, that was mostly his earlier years.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Miles and Chris never actually interacted on screen, despite being cousins and appearing in two of the same seasons.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Noticed a couple slip-ups from Jim in two season 1 skits.

Ernie: Hey, Bert! Come in here! Come in here, B-Bert!

And in the St Ives song:

Am boy: cause all the other people were going the wr- the other way.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Reminds me of that Buddy and Jim bit from the first episode:

"How can a girl- bird fly without using its wings?"

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed how in the Hebrew dub for the original "Here and there" skit that will never see the light of day in English has a very faint echo in the background?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Most of the AMs are pretty consistent in their respective colors, however, I've noticed the green AMs tend to come in more of a variety of shades of green: some are Kermit green, some are more minty green, some are lime, some even come in a more yellowish version of Kermit green.

Then again, in more recent years, the mini pink AMs can either come in their traditional shade of pink, hot pink, or magenta.