Little things we've noticed

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Although Steve Whitmire started performing Ernie in 1993, it seems like they were REALLY trying to give Kermit a Sesame Street comeback in 1996 or 1997. Of course it seems Whitmire might have had a limited Sesame Street schedule at first (and he's rarely been any other characters on Sesame Street) and then started to perform Ernie a lot more regularly around 1998 until about 2004 or 2005 before being less involved on the show.

And yet most of his performances as Kermit were in the very late 1990s, with him appearing in a few Sesame Street specials during those years, as well as being in two of the "Slimey goes to the moon" episodes, making a brief cameo (I don't think he even had dialogue) in a season 31 episode, appearing in a few group publicity photos around that time (which wouldn't actually require Steve Whitmire, but it was rare for him to be in Sesame Street group photos even during Jim Henson's time), and getting his own home video compilation. Not to mention that the light and dark sketch with Grover was most likely from the late-1990s (I don't know for sure what season it originated in, I can only go by the earliest known appearance to Muppet Wiki, which was a season 29 episode).

And yet despite it seeming like they may have been giving Kermit some kind of SST comeback (at least in terms of new appearances), it seems like they started showing his old segments a lot less often at that time. I watched season 30 almost every day during that seasons run (more than I had previous seasons, though I did catch a fair bit of season 29) and it seems like old Kermit segments were scarcely shown that year. And this was two years before Henson sold the Sesame Street Muppets.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Is it just me, or was Kermit a bit of a brownish-green in season 1?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think a lot of it has to do with the primitive, low-quality videotape of the time.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Are you sure? Cause I was always under the impression that the song was just taken from the album and lip-synched (like any regular song) with Little Chrissy's lines muted and Bob doing the cheerleading live during filming.
Okay, bringing this back up, I feel kinda stupid thinking this, cause looking at it now, it's clear, yes, Bob's lines were live; the album version just took that blank space and had Chris Cerf doing the lines.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
OK, so this is more of a question but, is that red lining in Grover's mouth supposed to be his lip, his gums, or his teeth?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Actually, has anyone ever noticed how the pumpkin puppet actually looks pretty brown in color when it's dressed up as a bear?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So at the end of "Fat Cat," why do the green and blue AMs switch places when they give Bip Bippadotta the death glare?