Little things we've noticed

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Maybe they wanted the shortest one on the side?

I dunno, but I'm still convinced those guys ended up becoming the rhymies.... Wink wink. :wink:

cjd874

Reaction score
Something I learned recently about "Fat Cat": when I was younger, I used to think that Richard Hunt performed the voice and puppetry for the Lavender guy. Since I knew that there were four main puppeteers, I assumed that each person played one Muppet. It wasn't until my teens that I learned that Jim Henson voiced both the Lavender guy and Bip Bipadotta, while someone else (probably Richard) did the puppetry.
Additionally, it seems like whoever was manipulating the Lavender and Fat Blue puppets seemed a bit off in their lip syncing at a couple of points. Still a classic sketch nonetheless.
Also, the Lavender guy is so chill throughout the whole thing. Green guy is the dramatic one, and the Blue guy just tries to keep a lid on it but gets really PO'ed at the end when Bip tries to upstage them in the last chorus.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Of the core performers, Richard seemed to get the short end of the stick a lot, but then again, Frank and Jerry (and even Caroll, to an extent) had more senority over him; nevertheless, Richard seemed to do a lot more assisting in those days, like right-handing, background Muppets, or even manipulate Oscar when he and Big Bird are in scenes together (like CEOSS).

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
The blue guy used to creep me out the most in that sketch... Mostly because of Oz's deep voice he gave him.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
He does seem rather . . . robotic and impersonal compared to the others, doesn't he?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Essentially. Though deep voices, depending on how they sounded, made me uncomfortable back in the day.

But, in fairness, they only said one word at a time. I could easily see the blue guy sounding like Sam the Eagel in full sentences, the lavender guy sounding like Tony in full sentences, and the green guy sounding like.... I guess maybe Nick Normal? Going by voice consistency comparison.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The flight attendent in "Stick Out Your Hand and Say Hello" actually looks like Fran Brill.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
You know what?

That never occurred to me until you pointed it out.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I like how in "This is My J", you can really hear Hunt's vocals in the background, and I think I can also hear Oz and Cerf.

cjd874

Reaction score
I like how in "This is My J", you can really hear Hunt's vocals in the background, and I think I can also hear Oz and Cerf.
I've often heard this in many SS and TMS songs. In "This Frog" and "I Just Adore Four," I hear Jerry Nelson's vocals high in the mix (I think he was one of the Tarnish Brothers too). To me, it seems that Jerry, Chris, and Richard (and sometimes Jeff Moss in the early days) did the vocals for big show-style numbers.