Little things we've noticed

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Moss usually only provided vocals to a song he actually wrote for.

cjd874

Reaction score
Ever notice that most Muppet monsters like Cookie Monster, Herry, Grover, and Elmo wear pajamas in nighttime songs or skits, but during the day they don't wear clothing? I realized this while watching LittleJerry92's upload of "Good Morning" with Herry Monster.

Two things about the "Mystery Guest: X" sketch...first, the announcer says who the mystery guest is, but how come the panel members (Cookie Monster, Don Music, and Sherlock Hemlock) can't hear him? To make things even more frustrating, the panel never finds out who the mystery guest is! Instead, the show ends with them going through the EXIT door, with the answer being right over their heads. I've realized that this skit lacks closure, and that bothers me.

cjd874

Reaction score
Moss usually only provided vocals to a song he actually wrote for.
I know that he sung the bass part on "High Middle Low," but I honestly can't remember any of his vocal contributions after 1974.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Two things about the "Mystery Guest: X" sketch...first, the announcer says who the mystery guest is, but how come the panel members (Cookie Monster, Don Music, and Sherlock Hemlock) can't hear him? To make things even more frustrating, the panel never finds out who the mystery guest is! Instead, the show ends with them going through the EXIT door, with the answer being right over their heads. I've realized that this skit lacks closure, and that bothers me.
To be fair, he was kind of whispering it when he says it. And also, the X kind of rushed to get back on the sign and the trio were in a bit of a rush to get out in the end.

cjd874

Reaction score
To be fair, he was kind of whispering it when he says it. And also, the X kind of rushed to get back on the sign and the trio were in a bit of a rush to get out in the end.
In an earlier skit "What's My Part," the announcer says the same thing along the lines of: "Our mystery guest is a NOSE!" And even then Bennett Snerf, Arlene Frantic, and Cookie Monster didn't figure it out. At least the panel found out at the end, with that brilliant reaction: "A NOSE?! What's a nose?" It is so amusing how clueless Muppets can be. It still cracks me up to this day.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Okay so this is one thing that's kinda bugged me a little but not alot.

The guitarist in the Moo Wave has a very manly appearance.... Yet has very small eye lashes.

Maybe he's supposed to be another gender neutral character?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I would venture to guess that the character was probably a butch. In addition to the eyelashes, you can also see the character is also wearing some kind of sparkling hair accessory.

I know big hair was the thing for much of the 80s, but as longer hair on men was eventually becoming trendier, conversely, wasn't shorter hair on women doing the same?

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed how whenever a character faints, no one around seems to care?

No one is like "Oh my gosh! They fainted! Somebody call 911!"

Okay, it's just Muppet humor of course. I felt like poking fun at it. :stick_out_tongue:

ConsummateVs

Reaction score
Yeah. I've also noticed that whenever they faint, there's always a slide whistle sound effect.