1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

Little things we've noticed

Discussion in 'Classic Sesame Street' started by minor muppetz, Aug 18, 2009.

1. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

You probably got a point. I'm guessing Moss just wanted to do some more songs for the group after the name was given to them on that 1971 album.

We could also say it's possible Little Chrissy and his band might have also been intended to be one shot, but I guess that's debatable.

2. LittleJerry92

I noticed that weird purple monster in "None Some All" and the telephone booth skit with Grover (where he was made from the Gleep puppet in the former and a lavender AM in the latter) has two red eyes. Originally I thought his left eye was blue, until I noticed it was his nose.

3. LittleJerry92

Something that kinda popped in my head today....

In the "Beginning, Middle, End" song with Maurice, I noticed how Richard pretty much gives him his Don Music voice. It gave a funny idea in my head:

Don singing Maurice's part, while the back-ups could be the Alphabeats and Big Jeffy and Rockin' Richard of the Monotones (to balance out different AM patterns). You could have the Green Alphabeat doing Harvey's vocals, Big Jeffy doing Clancy's Link Hogthrop-esque voice, and probably Richard doing the green monster saying "middle, middle, middle...." I mean come on, I think it'd be funny seeing Don just sobbing on his piano while "ending" his song as the others pretty much push his piano away while he's still playing. :p

sesamemuppetfan likes this.
  4. sesamemuppetfan

sesamemuppetfan Well-Known Member

Ooooh yes...yes, yes, YES!! I seriously think that would have made for a hysterical remake!!

LittleJerry92 likes this.
  5. LittleJerry92

:D

Just one of my silly ideas that pop in my head after doing too many voice
    comparisons.....

sesamemuppetfan likes this.
  6. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Somebody commented on YouTube that Linda and Barkley were in the 2nd version of Celebrity "Sing".

And nowhere on Muppet Wiki does it say that Issac Stern also appeared on both versions (not counting the one from 1990) of the celebrity version of Sing.

7. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

On the show, Super Grover's cape is almost always (with some very rare exceptions) kind of a pale, almost orangey shade of red, yet for merchandise, illustrations, and other products, it's always purple or magenta.

8. LittleJerry92

Probably has to do with different artists and illustrators.

9. D'Snowth

With Herry in the process of making a comeback on SST, it just now kind of occured to me that Season 30 seems to have been the last season he was used on a somewhat regular basis as far as both new and classic material.

10. LittleJerry92

Good point.

I'm just glad Herry got the role for Monsters at Daycare instead of someone like, oh, Elmo or Zoe. Though I think Grover and Cookie Monster would have been good choices.

11. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

Jerry Nelson was still very active on Sesame Street in Season 30. If you recall, Herry played a key part in that season's premiere, when Alan moved into the neighborhood. With Frank Oz directing movies for the majority of the time, Grover and Cookie couldn't have been on SS much. So they brought in Jerry to play Herry, the Count, and the Amazing Mumford on several occasions.

On a side note, I also remember seeing a lot of Ernie in seasons 30-34, not just in Journey to Ernie but in several street scenes as well. Good thing they had Steve Whitmire during this time!

12. D'Snowth

Not just street scenes, but I also remember Herry being in a number of inserts and production numbers that season as well: the version of "Moonshine" he did with Zoe, his and Rosita's "Monster Lullabye," and that bit he, Baby Bear, and Grover did with Trisha Yearwood all come to mind.

13. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

And at the time that Disney bought the Muppets in 2004, it seems like Steve Whitmire and Eric Jacobson were the only performers who were active with both the Muppets and Sesame Street, with the other performers primarily working for one or the other (Jerry Nelson was about to retire from the Muppets at the time). Then a few years later, it became a lot less common for Whitmire to do material while Matt Vogel and David Rudman became active with the Muppets. I wonder when Peter Linz became active with Sesame Street (was it in 2011, when he became active with the Muppets via performign Walter?).

14. D'Snowth

Peter apparently has been with SST since the 90s: in one of the recent Below the Frame episodes, he said the first thing he did on SST was perform a pair of dancing bugs in "Night Bug Boogie."

15. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Why is it that people like Peter Linz and Pam Aceiro have so rarely gotten to play AMs, despite being on the show for decades? Even Tyler Bunch has been a major player for well over a decade, despite not having a recurring character until last year.

16. D'Snowth

At least Pam has the advantage of having a major character with Grungetta, but nevertheless, I'm not exactly sure, but isn't performing for SST in a sense a lot like any climbing a corporate ladder in that you have to move up in the ranks before getting to perform more significant characters? I know Richard used to b!+c# about how he had to do a lot of right-handing in his early days with the Muppets.

17. D'Snowth

Another little thing I've come to notice is that quite often, Joey Mazzarino's characters have singing voices that noticably differ from their speaking voices.

18. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

The Neville Brothers actually did appear which means that Aaron was in it.

19. LittleJerry92

You know what bugs me actually?

The fact that Richard Hunt never got to play a main character on the show. He only did side characters.

20. D'Snowth

Oh, here's an interesting one: in Elmo's version of ABC-DEF-GHI, he's playing the same toy truck that Big Bird had in his 80s remake version of the song.