Live-action Garfield in theaters this Christmas

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
COOL!!

Kinda reminds me of the one special, though, where Odie goes to the pound. Remember that?

Worries me, though, that they are planning for it this christmas and haven't started on it yet. Hope it ain't crappy.

FIZZ :embarrassed:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Super Scooter

Hey, maybe a Peanuts movie? That'd be interesting. If done right, you could make it so great! Almost just like the comic!
There WAS a Peanuts movie... or should I say series of Movies, all animated and written by C.M.S.!!!

A live action one would make no sense (though I totally see Rosie O Donnal playing Lucy!):eek:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
http://www.peanutscollectorclub.com/peantfaq.txt

THE MOVIES

6.1) How many movies featured the Peanuts gang?

Four.

The first, A BOY NAMED CHARLIE BROWN, was released in 1969. Its central story concerned Charlie Brown's initial success in a
local spelling bee, and his attempt to parlay that into national
fame. Although it has the benefit of being the only film to use
Vince Guaraldi's jazz themes, it also has the (questionable)
benefit of Rod McKuen's lyrics to the title song.

The second, 1972's SNOOPY COME HOME, featured Woodstock's big-screen debut. The story is a lengthier take on the HE'S YOUR DOG, CHARLIE BROWN television special: Snoopy decides life at home could do with some improvements, so he and Woodstock take off to find America.

The third, 1977's RACE FOR YOUR LIFE, CHARLIE BROWN, is the
weakest of the quartet. The story, involving a river-rafting race
between rival camp factions, would have been better served by a
(shorter) television special.

Happily, 1980's BON VOYAGE, CHARLIE BROWN concluded the series on a happier note. Charlie Brown and some friends -- with Lucy blissfully absent -- fly to France and make some new
acquaintances, and have an adventure in a spooky old manor. (It's interesting to note that the TV special WHAT HAVE WE LEARNED, CHARLIE BROWN is an unofficial epilogue to this film; both should be viewed together.)

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Thank you, but in this case I couldn't remember a single title, so I referred to the Peanuts FAQ at www.peanutscollectorclub.com where, whatever you want to know about Peanuts (or not) is located!

Hope I haven't disappointed you!!

F:embarrassed:Z

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Originally posted by Drtooth
There WAS a Peanuts movie... or should I say series of Movies, all animated and written by C.M.S.!!!

A live action one would make no sense (though I totally see Rosie O Donnal playing Lucy!):eek:
Yeah, I was talking live action. I think if done just right, it could work. But, it'd have to be handled very dleicately. You couldn't do it like Scooby Doo or Rocky and Bullwinkle or any of the other cartoon movies. It'd be real hard, but I think it could be done.

And, Rosie O'Donnel? Aren't the Peanuts supposed to be kids?

One comic that you could deffenitely work into a good movie would be Calvin and Hobbes. I was thinking of that last night, and if you got a talented enough kid, it could be quite an interesting endeavor.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Originally posted by Super Scooter

And, Rosie O'Donnel? Aren't the Peanuts supposed to be kids?
It was a joke. She's got a huge head, and a big mouth!:stick_out_tongue:

Bullwinkle nothing, I hope it doesn't turn out like Inspector Gadget. Bet they saw three secopnds of an episode and decided to wing it!

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Originally posted by radionate
Wonder what casting choices they have in mind. I also don't know what it will be like without Lorenzo (wasn't that the man that voiced Garfield).
*nods* Yeah, Lorenzo Music. Better known as Carlton the Doorman from the "Rhoda" TV series (or whatever that spinoff was called that starred Mary Tyler Moore's roommate from the Mary Tyler Moore Show) or, for you 80s cartoon fans, Tummi Gummi from the Gummi Bears (I think I've just dated myself).

Although there may be an unnamed "ringer." Because unless Lorenzo recorded that dialogue before he passed on, somebody else is doing the voice of Garfield in those commercials for the self-cleaning litterboxes.

-Kim

Drtooth

Reaction score
No doubt they can get Gregg Bergger (as apposed to the simillarly named voice actor, Greg Berg, who played Baby Fozzie and Baby Scooter) to play Odie. But who will play Jon? Some one I know suggested Dieterich Bader (Oswald from Drew Carey). Hompe it's not Brendan Fraiser...

Maybe Frank Welker can play Garfield. He did a pretty close impersonation on one episode!

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by Skeeter Muppet
*nods* Yeah, Lorenzo Music. Better known as Carlton the Doorman from the "Rhoda" TV series (or whatever that spinoff was called that starred Mary Tyler Moore's roommate from the Mary Tyler Moore Show) or, for you 80s cartoon fans, Tummi Gummi from the Gummi Bears (I think I've just dated myself).
You are correct in all your info!