Live-action "What happens next" sketches

SesameMike

Reaction score
Does anyone remember a live sketch, probably taped, from the early 70s that had the subject of "What happens next" or something similar?

The setting was reminiscent of the Wally and Ralph skits, as was the background music on piano. The scene had a man doing ordinary things as a voiceover asked us what he was going to do next. The narrator always gave three bogus sugggestions of what the guy was going to do next, then told us what really what really happens next as we watch. I seem to recall that the voiceover had what sounded to me like a unique New England accent.

An example of one such scene, purely fictitious as it uses technology not invented back then:

"Now we see Mr. Smith taking a DVD out of the keep case and putting it into a tray. But wait! He just pressed a button and the tray is pulling the disc into a big gray machine! What will happen next?

Will the machine break the disc into a million pieces?
Will the disc fly out the back like a Frisbee?
Will the tray open up again with a bagel and cream cheese inside?

No! Mr. Smith put a disc in his DVD player so he could watch a movie. (Picture shows the man sitting on an adjacent chair, picking up a remote, as an FBI warning appears on the adjacent TV screen.)

there would be at least three events like these in the video clip; I remember them all involving the same person in a progressive sequence of events. I think one was the stages of a guy getting dressed to go outside.