Live Muppeteers in Traveling Matt segments

Xerus

Reaction score
Does anyone know if any live Muppeteers appeared in the Traveling Matt segments? I thought one time, I saw Steve Whitmire hand Matt a skateboard. And when Matt was on the roller coaster, I thought it looked like Dave Goelz next to him.

Infinity Sirius

Reaction score
It's time for those fans with Fraggle Rock on tape to scour their collections for the muppeteers!

WiGgY

Reaction score
Xerus said:
And when Matt was on the roller coaster, I thought it looked like Dave Goelz next to him.
Wouldn't Dave be working the puppet?

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
In "The Finger of Light" I once thought that the man controlling the marionette was "Faz" Fazakas.

And yes, that was Dave riding with Matt on the rollercoaster in "The Thirty Minute Work Week."

Frogster

Reaction score
Dave didn't have to work Matt because the Matt you see is a doll, not a puppet.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
I don't think it would be safe (or physically possibe) to have Dave laying down on the floor of a rollercoaster cart. He could sit next to Matt and if needed operate him while in the shot as an extra.

Xerus

Reaction score
Thanks for clearing up that it was Dave who was on the roller coaster. That way he could be close to Matt and operate him easily.

I also remember in Muppets Go To Disneyworld, it showed Miss Piggy and Beau riding around in a spinning teacup. And I thought I saw some tops of heads down in the cup. Can you imagine the Muppeteers going through that all crouched down in a spinning ride?

TARDIS60

Reaction score
Philip Balsam, co-writer of almost all the music on the show and voice of Phil Fraggle in 'New Trash Heap in Town,' was the guitar player in the Traveling Matt segment in 'The Day the Music Died.' It took me fifteen years to realize the guitarist's voice and Phil Fraggle's were the same! :excited:

Kassi

Beauregard

Reaction score
Xerus said:
Thanks for clearing up that it was Dave who was on the roller coaster. That way he could be close to Matt and operate him easily.

I also remember in Muppets Go To Disneyworld, it showed Miss Piggy and Beau riding around in a spinning teacup. And I thought I saw some tops of heads down in the cup. Can you imagine the Muppeteers going through that all crouched down in a spinning ride?
Miss Piggy and Beau?

How interesting, what is the story there? Does Beau have a crush on Piggy? She often has scenes with him. Or, does she have a secret crush on him?