1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Live versions of "Muppet Christmas Carol" songs?

Discussion in 'Muppet Appearances' started by GeniDude, Dec 14, 2015.

1. GeniDude

GeniDude New Member

Are there videos of any of the songs being performed live, or on TV?

2. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Here's Kermit singing "It Feels Like Christmas" at Disneyland

And here's Kermit,Gonzo,Pepe and many others singing the same song. Skip to around 37:35 to hear them sing it.

3. TheWeirdoGirl

TheWeirdoGirl Well-Known Member

They sang "It Feels Like Christmas" on The Ed Sullivan Show around the time the movie came out. I don't know of any video, but I can send you the audio if you want.

4. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Are you sure it was "The Ed Sullivan Show" ? That show ended in 1971.

5. vettech28

vettech28 Well-Known Member

I don't know if this counts, but this is a videotaped performance of the West End cast of Les Miserables sang a medley of songs from the movie.

Please enjoy!

6. TheWeirdoGirl

TheWeirdoGirl Well-Known Member

Okay, so I looked and it's actually from a special called "Holdiday Greetings from The Ed Sullivan Show" which aired in 1992.

7. Iscah

Iscah Active Member

That was great! I was hoping they'd include "Bless Us All" though. Maybe they could have done less of "Scrooge" and fitted it in...

I'd love to see a real stage version of the musical sometime. Whether they kept the Muppet characterisations or did a straighter adaptation of "A Christmas Carol" with the music from the Muppets' version.