Look what Hollywood is remaking next!

Johnboy

Reaction score
:smirk:
With the current successes of remakes to " The Texas Chainsaw Massacre", " Dawn of the Dead", " The Ring" and " The Stepford's Wives" here is what they are going to remake next:

"Transformers: The Movie"- in CGI and live-action animation.
" The Manchaurian Candidate".
" The Last Unicorn" in live-action and CGI effects.
" The Hills Have Eyes"- Wes Craven flick.
" The Eye"- Hong Kong thriller.
" Assault on Precinct 13".
" Suspiria"- A cult Italian supernatural gore thriller from Dario Argento.
" King Kong"- Directed by none other than Peter Jackson.
" Back to School".
" Altered States".
" Akira".
" Ninja Scroll".
" Charlie and the Chocolate Factory".
" Scanners".
" Charlelotte's Web".
" The Awful Dr. Orloff".
" Baron Blood".
" Black Sunday"- Mario Bava Italian shocker from the 60's.
" Logan's Run".
" Dark Waters".
" The Longest Yard".
" Porky's".
" Rock & Roll High School".
" Invasion of the Body Snatchers".
" A Tale of Two Sisters".
" The Changeling".

What's with these remakes? is hollywood running out of ideas? what next? a CGI remake of " The Dark Crystal"? or a remake of "Labyrinth" with Enimen as the Goblin king and Jennifer Garner as Sarah?

McFraggle

Reaction score
Johnboy said:
" Back to School".
As in the Rodney Dangerfield movie? That film wouldn't be good with anybody besides Rodney.

Johnboy said:
" Porky's".
I thought they remade this film a few years ago. Wasn't it called "American Pie."

Johnboy said:
What's with these remakes? is hollywood running out of ideas?
Yep, you guessed right. :smile:

Drum Eater

Reaction score
Hollywood definitely is running out of ideas. Now, remakes like King Kong are a little different. But most of those are just a lack of new ideas! Come on Hollywood! Where's all the original stuff?

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
What's with these remakes? is hollywood running out of ideas?
I've been saying this for quite a long time now.Yes,I honestly do think Hollywood has run the gamut of ideas for the most part.That is the major reason I've been watching mostly Indie films; original ideas,fresher acting,etc... Hollywood to me is so consumed with how big the special effects are,how much money they can make;instead of making the audience think,feel,learn,empathize,etc...like they used to do such a long time ago.I very rarely go to movies anymore,just wait until they go to video and rent them;unless I see something that is truly worth seeing.Last film I watched was Harry Potter....Azkaban.Just my 1/2 cent.:smirk:

Drum Eater

Reaction score
Yeah, do you guys think there will be a point when every original movie has been made and the rest will just be cheap copies of something that's already been done? I sure hope it doesn't come to that!

McFraggle

Reaction score
Drum Eater said:
Yeah, do you guys think there will be a point when every original movie has been made and the rest will just be cheap copies of something that's already been done? I sure hope it doesn't come to that!
I don't think it will completely come to that. There will always be original creative people like Peter Jackson, Tim Burton, and others who will do their own thing and put a fresh spin on movie making. While there will continue to be copies, there will always be something new as the world changes and as the culture and people change.

beakerina

Reaction score
McFraggle said:
I don't think it will completely come to that. There will always be original creative people like Peter Jackson, Tim Burton, and others who will do their own thing and put a fresh spin on movie making. QUOTE]
yeh, but who is remaking charlie and the chocolate factory?... tim burton!
but hes a cool director and its gonna be based on the book rather than the original film and i think Johnny Depp is a great actor and will do his part justice :big_grin:

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
Johnboy said:
:smirk:
With the current successes of remakes to " The Texas Chainsaw Massacre", " Dawn of the Dead", " The Ring" and " The Stepford's Wives" here is what they are going to remake next:

they are not all remakes , here are some corrections that i am a ware of :wink:

"Transformers: The Movie"- in CGI and live-action animation.

actually it will be a reteling of the original eisodes of the cartoon , not the movie, , they are trying to re introduce the old school transformers to a new generation, think of it as its own film not a remake, sort of like X men , or spiderman , not a redux

" King Kong"- Directed by none other than Peter Jackson. this is a remake, (do we really need another king kong, geez how many big monkey movies do we need?)

" Back to School". not a reamke, a sequel to the original, havnet heard much about this one latley. i think it may depend on dangerfeilds health.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Is Transformers back on track to get made? They keep *saying* they are going to make it but there's been no serious movement on it in Hollywood unless something new happened recently.