Looking for a puppet maker

beakerfan76

Reaction score
Hey all. I'm looking for someone out there who is a puppet maker who takes requests. Call me a copy cat, but I am looking for a Fraggle-style puppet, not a copy of one of the characters.

I'd do one myself, but a lot of the materials are hard to come by where I'm at. Plus my sewing skills are terrible (Just ask my first puppet). I figure I'd let the professionals handle my ideas. :sympathy:

I can take hints and tips as well from any veterans, in case I have the motivation to make one myself, but for now, I'm just searching for a maker.

davidmartiste

Reaction score
Russ Walko could work within a [reasonable] budget and he's a wonderful puppet maker : russwalko.com

Alvin

Reaction score
I have the PERFECT guy for you...his name is Mike Harris.
Go to Nutty Puppets.com and contact him. He does good work and has created several puppets for me.

beakerfan76

Reaction score
I have a couple of options which have tickled my fancy. The first is a group called Knucklehead Puppets, who PMed me yesterday, so I may employ their services.

The other is the aforementioned friend at my church who can do one. With some luck, maybe I can do both, let them be brothers! :coy:

Screechy6

Reaction score
Whatnot's

I have recently gotten a few from the Muppet Whatnot workshop. the have come out great. If you're looking for one that looks like a fraggle, I'm not sure you would find it there but they do have a lot of great options.

I would like to see them come out with more body choices.
Right now there are only three to choose from. None have the nose qualities that the fraggles have.

Good Luck:coy:

beakerfan76

Reaction score
I have recently gotten a few from the Muppet Whatnot workshop. the have come out great. If you're looking for one that looks like a fraggle, I'm not sure you would find it there but they do have a lot of great options.

I would like to see them come out with more body choices.
Right now there are only three to choose from. None have the nose qualities that the fraggles have.

Good Luck:coy:
I've known about the whatnots, and I've always wanted one, but you're right, the body choices they have are not fraggle friendly. I could probably make a green skinned Beaker if I really wanted a whatnot. :eek: