1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Help Muppet Central Radio
    We need your help to continue Muppet Central Radio. Show your support and listen regularly and often via Radionomy's website, official apps and the WinAmp Media Player. Learn More

3. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Looking for a Spanish-to-English translation from the Rita Moreno TMS episode.

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by peyjenk, May 13, 2008.

1. peyjenk

peyjenk Well-Known Member

Hey... is there anyone who speaks Spanish around here? Care to translate Rita Moreno's Spanish monologue to Animal in the middle of this scene?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0yvHWyvexZA

This is the "Fever" number from her appearance on TMS. About the middle, she speaks rapidly in Spanish to Animal and then says in English "Cool it." I assume that the Spanish gives the same general message, but was just curious to the exact phrasiology. :confused: :wisdom: :search:

2. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

It's translated in the MS guides here.

3. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Well-Known Member

Yup, Oscarfan is right!

http://www.muppetcentral.com/guides/episodes/tms/season1/5_moreno.shtml says:

CLOSING NUMBER - "FEVER"

Rita sings "Fever," accompanied by Floyd and Animal. Animal gets excited and begins to play the drums wildly, ruining Rita's song. Rita has some harsh words with him in Spanish, but Animal continues. Rita stops her song and smashes Animal's head between two cymbals.

ANIMAL: That my kind of woman!

[If you are wondering what Rita says in Spanish, here it is: "Listen Buddy. All I wanna tell you is that you shouldn't do that. It's not nice, you understand? Look at me when I'm talking to you. This is my number, and if you bother me any more I'm gonna hit you so hard, it's gonna leave you stupid. Cool it."]

4. CensoredAlso

CensoredAlso Well-Known Member

Cool, I always wondered that, thanks Mrs. Pepper!

5. peyjenk

peyjenk Well-Known Member

Thanks a lot! I guess I should have guessed that the answer was right under my nose....

:)

6. Daffyfan4ever

Daffyfan4ever Well-Known Member

Gosh. I could have figured that out. I guess I read this post too late. Lol. BTW, you might want to change your quote now that we have this. :shifty: Nice pic though.

7. MrsPepper

MrsPepper Well-Known Member

Haha, no problem guys! It was Oscarfan who suggested looking in the guides, and I was cheap enough to copy and paste. ;)