1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Looking for actual Muppets

Discussion in 'Buy, Sell and Trade' started by drgupp, Mar 1, 2004.

1. drgupp

drgupp New Member

Does anyone know where I would be able to find actual muppets used on the show for sale? I'm looking for an actual beaker muppet as part of a set up for proposing to my girlfriend. If anyone can give me any information on this it'd be greatly appreaciated. Thanks. !:eek:
  2. PukkaPukka

PukkaPukka Member

If you're looking at getting actual Muppets, I'm afraid to say that you are out of luck. The Company would never let the actual ones (or any duplicates, for that matter) get out into the general public - for free or for sale. Point is: It ain't gonna happen (with finding real show Muppets). On the other hand, there are various for-sale Muppets available (there's a Kermit puppet around somewhere from a merchandiser that's available, but Beaker? Not as far as I know). You could always get a Beaker plush and get a little inventive. Just my suggestion to let you avoid dozens of comments against your question. It's a legitimate question, believe me...it's just not feasible. Get inventive. I'm sure you'll figure something out.

>Adam
  3. Buck-Beaver

Buck-Beaver Well-Known Member

There are a few fans on here who have made their own Beaker. I don't think they're selling them (and if they are they shouldn't be!!) but there has been a lot of discussion in the Puppetry forum about how to do this, including this thread.

Bork Bork made a Beaker awhile ago and had pictures online at http://muppets.zapto.org/muppets.htm but I think his site is down right now. You could try emailing him privately to see if he could help you. Otherwise I'd suggest searching the puppetry forum for "Beaker Puppet". This is a subject that has come up a lot in the past.

Good luck!
  4. No1MuppetFan

No1MuppetFan Member

In case you are not aware, actual muppets puppets are unavalible to purchase anywhere, this is because of copyright infringement. What exactly did you plan on doing with the beaker for the proposal?
  5. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

6. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

I have his photos of Beaker and Sam Eagle's head! They are AWESOME!! I still show them (this many years later) to people.

Someone else on the boards had made their own Animal puppet, which was super cool, as well as a Pepe (but he's not small, yet still cool looking).

I made my own Swedish Chef (not very much like him, but I wanted one and made one I could play with), and Mahna-Mahna (see Portfolio at www.picturetrail.com/muleythemule for both of them). I also made a Slimer (from Ghostbusters) puppet/display prop.

I have been dying for my own Muppet Penguin, and since they aren't available, I might have to make one. I just think it'd be awesome to have one to throw around...maybe blow it up. :zany: :crazy:
  7. Purk

Purk New Member

Hi, there are beaker puppets here's a link: http://store.yahoo.com/wickedcoolstuff/mube18pl.html
    haven't seen any handpuppets though..... :eek:
    good luck, hope she will say yes... :)
  8. Fozzie Bear

Good plan, Purk. If one could find a big enough plush, they could do some alterations and make it into a puppet. Forgot about that! Hmm....
  9. drgupp

drgupp New Member

Thanks

Thanks everyone for the advice and info. I guess it's time to use my noggin and see if a plush will do it or if I need to make a new plan (I have a bit of time since I don't have a ring quite yet ;) ). Thanks again.
  10. Buck-Beaver

If you want to convert a Beaker plush, John Kennedy has a good method for turning plush toys in to hand puppets in his book "Puppet Mania." You can find it on amazon.com or at most major bookstores right now.
  11. Fozzie Bear

I made a puppet out of an old ALF doll! And a new Cat in the Hat doll.

Doesn't John Kennedy have a website that describes this method? I saw that online somewhere.
  12. Buck-Beaver

Really? Where? John's web site is www.puppetkit.com but I don't think he has much content from the books online there, except for some stuff about his "Bananna Buddies".

BTW, if you order the book from John's site he sends you an autographed copy.
  13. Fozzie Bear

:o I don't remember...

If I find it again, I'll post it here and in a thread all it's own for quicker reference.
  14. Fozzie Bear

I'm a goofy jerk. It was HIS BOOK at the bookstore that showed turning a teddy bear into a puppet!! I just saw his book at his website. I would say to folks to get this book...it's good!
  15. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

got 5 g's...there was once an acutal Doozer on ebay, and by golly I do believe a Doozer is a Muppet.
  16. Fozzie Bear

Not after the Disney deal is complete.
    (Yes, I'm being fecesious!)
  17. Buck-Beaver

The odd Muppet has slipped through over the years. There was a Muppet puppet Caroll Spinney designed for sale through the PofA board a few years ago that was legit. The concensus seems to be that the infamous Kermit that surfaced a few months ago on ebay might have been the real deal from sometime the late 70s though one wonders how the owner got his hands on it.

We should always remember there have been a few thefts like the museum robbery in Europe over the years and it's possible those might turn up on ebay one day.
  18. Fozzie Bear

Eek! I'd love to own my own Ernie and Bert!! They were stolen in Germany, right?

*skips off to ebay-germany...*
  19. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

I believe they were returned a few months after they were taken.
  20. Fozzie Bear

*skips back away from ebay-germany...*

Durnit.