Looking for Christmas Eve on Sesame Street

Libba Yuki

Reaction score
I had bought the dvd shortly after my post here in this thread, and just finished watching the special now. It was so cute!

There were a bunch of subplots, but I didn't mind. I thought they were handled nicely and given equal screen time, I also liked the little touches with the adult cast members.

This is the first time I've sat down and watched a full Sesame Street special since I was a kid myself (Last SS project I saw was Cinderelmo when I was 13, I've always loved the Cinderella story...I couldn't resist!), and it has been even longer since I've watched episodes from the show (although I have watched some of the skits on youtube from time to time for fun). It was quite a trip down memory lane, even though I had never seen this particular special before.

To see Maria, Susan, Bob, Gordon, and Linda again (along with faces that I didn't recognize due to the fact that the actors were on the show before I had even started watching it in my baby years)...was really, really nice. And it was sweet to see the hints of the relationships that were probably going on at the time (Maria seemed to be involved with a different character back in 1979, when did Luis come on the show?)

The point is, despite being a 22 year old woman with no kids, it was really nice to go back to Sesame Street...and it was pleasing to see that my mother had been right, and that the show wasn't mindnumbingly for the kids and that the parents could enjoy it too (unless that's changed since I was a little girl).

This was loads better than "Letters To Santa".

mikebennidict

Reaction score
I had bought the dvd shortly after my post here in this thread, and just finished watching the special now. It was so cute!

There were a bunch of subplots, but I didn't mind. I thought they were handled nicely and given equal screen time, I also liked the little touches with the adult cast members.

This is the first time I've sat down and watched a full Sesame Street special since I was a kid myself (Last SS project I saw was Cinderelmo when I was 13, I've always loved the Cinderella story...I couldn't resist!), and it has been even longer since I've watched episodes from the show (although I have watched some of the skits on youtube from time to time for fun). It was quite a trip down memory lane, even though I had never seen this particular special before.

To see Maria, Susan, Bob, Gordon, and Linda again (along with faces that I didn't recognize due to the fact that the actors were on the show before I had even started watching it in my baby years)...was really, really nice. And it was sweet to see the hints of the relationships that were probably going on at the time (Maria seemed to be involved with a different character back in 1979, when did Luis come on the show?)
Luis and Maria both came on in 71.

Libba Yuki

Reaction score
Ah, thanks.

I wonder why he wasn't in the special?

When did they start dating? After that other guy left?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Ah, thanks.

I wonder why he wasn't in the special?

When did they start dating? After that other guy left?
No David was still there when Maria and Luis got together. Not sure why Luis wasn't in the special.

dinoboy

Reaction score
i remember getting this DVD at Walmart years ago. It was very memorable, as to the way the street used to be. It never went beyond the fence past Big Bird's home. It was funny to see Oscar in his can and falling down all those stairs at the ice rink. But another memorable is hearing Big Bird's snore sounds when he sleeps. But as for the funniest part, is in the end when Cookie Monster ate up the whole Christmas Tree at Susan and Gordan's apartment, and then made burps. "Oh tat a long one." As A kid I laughed hard at that part. But It does have that special magic of Christmas with the light snow. And I think that it was Santa Clause that went down the chimney, but you saw his shadow as big bird slept.