Looking for info on Scooter...

Fozzie's Twin

Reaction score
Is it true that Scooter has not appeared since the death of Richard Hunt in 1992? I read at an unrelated board that the character had been retired. I was trying to remeber the more recent TV shows and movies but couldnt remember if Scooter was there or not. I seem to vaguely remember him being on Muppets Tonight.

So what's the Scooter status?

BTW - my first post :big_grin:

wockawocka

Reaction score
Umm... good point! I'm not quite sure, I don't think he has, but I don't know. I hope not, it's bad enough that Skeeter had to leave us.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Hey Fozzie's Twin -

Welcome to the board!

No, Scooter has not officially been retired. He appeared in MFS (at the end selling Gonzo T-Shirts; "T-Shirts, Get Your Gonzo T-Shirts Here!") For the movie, Scooter's voice was performed by his younger brother, Adam, and puppeteered by Steve Whitmire.

Although he is hardly ever used now, I don't believe he was on Muppets Tonight! during any time, but I might be wrong. I haven't seen the several episodes of the show that weren't shown on the Disney Channel a few years back.

I believe Scooter had a voice for Muppet RaceMania, but I'm not positive on that, either. :smile:

- Billy :cool:

Jackie

Reaction score
It was good to see him in MFS. We even got to hear him! That was so cool :smile:

Billy's Girl

Reaction score
I read somewhere that because Scooter reminded people of Richard personality-wise so much that the people who worked with Richard didn't want to give Scooter a new muppet performer. But I think it's great that his brother Adam did his voice in Muppets From Space!!

Ernie101

Reaction score
Scooter was kinda tooken away with richard i think.I know because just like someone said scooter kinda reminds everyone richard.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Scooter also appeared as part of a group chorus at the MuppetFest live show (much wild applause when the puppet was brought out!)

You may remember Scooter on Muppets Tonight because even though he wasn't on it, there was a prominent photo of him among the photos on the KMUP studio set.

Salmoto

Reaction score
Scooter did have a voice im Muppet Racemania, and it was done by a fellow named Matt Vogul. I don't know who this Matt person is, but in the game, Scooter sounds a bit nasaly....

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
Scooter also appeared as part of a group chorus at the MuppetFest live show (much wild applause when the puppet was brought out!)
If I remember correctly, from what I've read about the live show, Scooter was Muppeteered (is that a word?) by a woman, but no one could tell who she was.

Yet one more reason I wish I could have been at MuppetFest.

Oh, and for those who have seen MFS... Any thoughts on Scooter's updated wardrobe? I think it looks like something he'd wear, though I do miss the yellow turtleneck and green jacket.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Originally posted by Salmoto
I don't know who this Matt person is
Hey Mike-

Matt Vogel is the puppeteer who is going to one day completely take over for Carroll Spinney as Big Bird. He is already doing the Bird on the "Journey to Ernie" segments currently on SS. I personally think he has the voice down perfectly.

He also voiced Janice for the Muppet RaceMania game.

See ya :smile:

- Billy :cool: