Looking for info on Scooter...

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
I just thought of something...

(yeah, scary huh?)

Does anyone think that Scooter's short appearances in MFS and then in the group sing in the live show at MuppetFest could have been JHC's way of priming the audience for his return?

*hopes he's got a bigger part in the new Muppet Christmas special, even if it is only slightly bigger*

Aaron

Reaction score
Skeeter Muppet said:
(yeah, scary huh?)

Does anyone think that Scooter's short appearances in MFS and then in the group sing in the live show at MuppetFest could have been JHC's way of priming the audience for his return?

*hopes he's got a bigger part in the new Muppet Christmas special, even if it is only slightly bigger*
guess you got you're wish huh

Krazedmuppet

Reaction score
No I think he was in

I think he was in "A Very Merry Muppety Christmas" and I even think he talks, dont know who plays him though, and also I think it was the first time Rowlf was played since Jim Henson died.

Anyone elce remember this?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Scooter was in It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie, had quite a few lines, and was performed by Brain Henson, who did him very well. Matt Vogel (who performed him in RaceMania) was unable to audition for the part at that time, so Brian tried his hand at the Scoots... at least, that's what I've been told.

Fozzie's Twin said:
I seem to vaguely remember him being on Muppets Tonight.
Scooter was never on Muppets Tonight (except in photos in the b.g.), but there was a puppet that looked remarkably like Scooter, and, if I'm not mistaken, WAS the Scooter puppet just with different eyes and... well, was playing a girl. That might be where you remember seeing him on there.

But, Beauregard was on Muppets Tonight! :excited:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I can't believe it took people so long to mention the Christmas Special. He was heavily featured in it.

The Scooter puppet was used in an episode of Muppets Tonight with the Elvises going Medieval. The Scooter-type puppet was dressed as Guenevere and had eyes instead of glasses. Some would say that was just an anything Muppet, but it was definitely Scooter’s head. They could have used any character. I think this was a nod to Richard Hunt.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
I can't believe it took people so long to mention the Christmas Special. He was heavily featured in it.
This is an old thread, Frogboy...

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:

The Scooter puppet was used in an episode of Muppets Tonight with the Elvises going Medieval. The Scooter-type puppet was dressed as Guenevere and had eyes instead of glasses. Some would say that was just an anything Muppet, but it was definitely Scooter’s head. They could have used any character. I think this was a nod to Richard Hunt.
Okay, now you've got me wanting screencaps of that segment, just to see what that puppet looked like!

-Kim

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Don't have any. It was funny. The pupped distracted me from the entire skit. They basically used Scooter as an anything Muppet. THey plopped on a pointy hat, dressed the puppet in a gown, put on a wig, took off the glasses and stuck some girl eyes on him (like Camilla's). :wink:

Skeeter Muppet

Reaction score
frogboy4 said:
Don't have any. It was funny. The pupped distracted me from the entire skit. They basically used Scooter as an anything Muppet. THey plopped on a pointy hat, dressed the puppet in a gown, put on a wig, took off the glasses and stuck some girl eyes on him (like Camilla's). :wink:
Well, do you remember which episode it was?

This is going to drive me crazy, I know it...

-Kim

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
The second half of the Tony Bennett ep. :smile: