1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Looking for new CCC members!

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by Sgt Floyd, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

The CCC has been going strong for a while, but unfortunately, our members are starting to dwindle. We are in much need of new members. Basically, it is a role play where we are all monsters. The structure is that of a normal post. There is no need to write it in script format or story/paragraph format.We have a wiki if you want to get familiar with the story

I have already posted a rather lengthy guidelines thread here, but to save you from reading a wall of text, we have just a few "rules"

1. CONTACT ME IF YOU WANT TO JOIN. Just so we can discuss what kind of monster you want to be and iron out any concerns or questions you might have.

2. Please take the RP seriously. This means do not act like you are in the crazy thread. Do not be random. Of course, this is not to say you cannot crack jokes or anything, but just act as if you were talking to a friend in real life, having a conversation with them.

3. You can only decide on the actions of your own character. This rule seems to cause some confusion. Basically, give other people the chance to react to your action. Say your character attacks another player character. You cannot decide on the outcome of the attack. You must allow the other person to defend themselves or allow them to choose if they want to get hurt.

Someone will try to post updates here as to what is currently going on. We do not expect people to read every single post ever made, and you do not need to in order to understand the point of the game. If you are concerned about getting yourself in there, post something about your character waking up or similar, to let us know you are online and ready to participate. All members by default have "telepathy" and can contact other members by thought. Just "contact" someone and we can steer the game so it includes you.
  2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I TRIED to join in once, but you guys moved way too fast, it was impossible to keep up.
    Yeah. That'll work like a charm.

Based on experience, once you allow a new group of people into an RP, it's going to lose focus quick, fast, and in a hurry; newbies tend to like to derail the plot so they can have scenarios that focus on their characters and what goes on in their own little word, rather than let their characters contribute to the plot itself.
  3. Sgt Floyd

It's slowed down A LOT since we started. We really don't have much of a "plot" and we do want people to come up with their own "plots" that explore their character's back story, as long as people aren't like "OMG BACON! LET'S GO TO THE MOON!" type thing :/
  4. CaseytheMuppet

CaseytheMuppet Well-Known Member

Yeah, it would be great to get some new friends on here! It's really fun! :)
  5. Sgt Floyd

We really aren't as scary and strict as it may seem...we WILL help you if you get confused or aren't sure what to do...
  6. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I backed out when I saw all the strict rules. It got me worried and I didn't want to have to get into fights with people becuase if in case I posted a silly post. :scary:
  7. Yuna Leonhart

Yuna Leonhart Well-Known Member

We don't mind it if you're being goofy as long as nothing serious is going on, unless you try to lighten the mood.
  8. Sgt Floyd

We DO try to work with people. We do try to help you know what to post. Honestly though, sometimes you just don't know if it's right for you until you try...
  9. mostlikemokey

mostlikemokey Active Member

Yeah I had to give it up because it was moving too fast.:(
  10. Sgt Floyd

Can anyone explain what they mean by "moving too fast?"

Like I said, it's really just Yuna and me now...it's kinda boring...
  11. mostlikemokey

Well, when someone goes on vacation and has to read 210 pages of thread to keep up, it can be pretty daunting. Plus some of us have school, depending on how old we are. It's kind of like trying to catch a bus when you don't know what time it's coming or how long the ride is. Maybe if we had a general plot outline beforehand (which could be changed but help us if we got stuck) and messages summarizing what happened sent to our inboxes, it would help.
    I feel like this needs a loose plotline instead of a bunch of specific rules. Then we would at least know what general direction we're heading. We recruit members, plan a flexible storyline, let people know what they've missed.
    I'm sad it died. I really enjoyed it before it got out of hand. If you need help restructuring it, you can PM me.
    Nobody likes to feel left out because they can't keep track of it. It seems to me that was what happened.
    Best of luck if you decide to restructure it, and again, feel free to PM me if you need help. Its a good idea! Don't give up!
  12. Sgt Floyd

As I already stated in the reply to DSnowth, there is NO central plot. Members make up "mini plots" that last maybe a day or two. We have also stated many, many times that no one expects you to read over 100 pages and that if you just ask, someone will give you a recap on what happened. It's not my fault if you choose not to. Generally, half of those pages really don't amount to anything important anyway.

I also really don't see how we have "strict" rules. Take a look at some more formal role plays on the internet. We are really laid back compared to most of them. Seriously, I don't understand why asking people to not post as if they are in the Crazy thread is too much...
  13. Yuna Leonhart

Yuna Leonhart Well-Known Member

Well, our conflict with the scientists was our general plot until we killed them. Right now, it's actually nothing but you can see it as a break to relax from the battle. And we're still trying to make people see monsters aren't all that bad.
    Besides, the first post states someone will post updates in this thread here. So, new members won't feel lost.

Edit: ziffled
  14. Sgt Floyd

Also, the wiki is there for a reason. I update it practically every day with new information to help keep people on track :/
  15. mostlikemokey

You asked for help. I'm not saying you need a highly detailed plot. It's just without a general story (i.e. There are people doing horrific experiments on metahumans and we are trying to rescue them) it'll fall apart. Most RPGs do have people doing a bit of planning about characters and possible plots beforehand.
    I don't mean to be mean, but if you don't have any guidelines, how do you expect this to work? I'm only asking this because I want to help.
  16. mostlikemokey

By general plotline, I mean a loose Idea of how we get there. Not, "the cobblestones in front of the apartment are beige" type detail. I'm not for killing the spontaneity. Just members coming to a consensus through pm about the general direction before we start.
  17. Sgt Floyd

Uh...we DO have a general story. We are monsters living in a city where monsters are hated and feared and have to try to live life as normal when we have to live in hiding. We happened to have JUST ended a long-going plot idea that we were being hunted and studied by scientists...
  18. mostlikemokey

I need to go. Sorry I couldn't help. Just think of it like how people do It on a TV show. All the writers have a "pitch book" or writers bible. that they use to make episodes. Sort of like an encyclopedia that tells us more about the world of the show. Seems the best idea to me to develop the premise a bit more.
    Do any other members know what I'm talking about that can help them, or am I making no sense?
  19. Sgt Floyd

Listen...we would love to have you back, but I think it would help if you actually read some of the information we have given you...and maybe read the wiki a bit...

I feel like you are not reading our posts, or just skimming through them and missing information. I said in the very first post that all story details are found on the wiki.

We are not asking to "restart" this either, so I don't know where you got that, we just want new members. And like I said, when you pm me to join, we will discuss details and go over any questions you have. It's a lot easier to give a general outline and then talk to members with their specific concerns. We DO have a conversation going by pm to discuss the rp, and we will make additional ones so that all members are kept up to date on possible plot ideas and stuff...
  20. mostlikemokey

OK. I'm not mad. I'm just telling you my opinion. I'll join again. :) You just made it sound like it had died.:confused:
    friends?