Looking for: Sam the Eagle Stuffed Doll!

Reaction score
Hello My Fellow Americans and Good People! :attitude:

I have loved the Muppets ever since I was a little girl. I remember Sam the Eagle sticking out as my favorite charater though. I was hoping to buy a plush Sam doll, but alas I cannot find one anywhere. I know someone else posted on the forum a few years ago looking for one and was unsuccessful, but I thought I would give it a shot now. I was hoping someone on this fansite could help me out. If anyone can I would be very grateful!

Thank you!

No1MuppetFan

Reaction score
Hi there and welcome. I think that there may have been one released at Muppet Vision 3D years ago. Otherwise I know that McDonalds released a set of small plush in Australia in 2003. Sam was one of the plush. Check Muppet Wiki :smile:

Hubert

Reaction score
There was one released by Muppet Vision 3D. I have him. As to where you can find one...they're very rare, I got mine on Ebay. I'd say your best bet would probably be to just keep checking Ebay and things like that and maybe eventually one will show up. Or maybe someone on this forum may have one they want to sell...

Plaid Fraggle

Reaction score
Hey there, Lady Dodgeballer!

A valid suggestion, I hope: how about searching Etsy and the like for a talented plushmaker to commission for a quality Sam? I know if I wanted one badly enough, it'd be a wonderful experience to get a OOAK Sam plush. I'd be scared of the potential price though! :concern:

I personally love making plushes and would offer up some help, but I'll tell you I am more comfortable fashioning them through crochet than anything else. Searching for someone who uses the kinds of materials and puts out the quality you want is a must!

And might I say, Sam is totally an underrated Muppet, kudos for having such a great fave :attitude:

Reaction score
Hey there, Lady Dodgeballer!

A valid suggestion, I hope: how about searching Etsy and the like for a talented plushmaker to commission for a quality Sam? I know if I wanted one badly enough, it'd be a wonderful experience to get a OOAK Sam plush. I'd be scared of the potential price though! :concern:

I personally love making plushes and would offer up some help, but I'll tell you I am more comfortable fashioning them through crochet than anything else. Searching for someone who uses the kinds of materials and puts out the quality you want is a must!

And might I say, Sam is totally an underrated Muppet, kudos for having such a great fave :attitude:

Gosh the people of the Muppets forum are the nicest people on the internet!

I'll defiantly look into your suggestions!

Also, Plaid how much do you usually sell your crochet dolls for?

Plaid Fraggle

Reaction score
Also, Plaid how much do you usually sell your crochet dolls for?
Honestly, that depends on a lot of things:

The type of yarn--acrylic is cheap, but not too soft and cuddly like bamboo or wool yarn;
Size--obviously, a bigger plush will use more materials, take more time, and thus'll cost more;
Time--I've got to take into consideration how difficult the plush is to make, though honestly I don't consider this a factor in price as much as some plushmakers, because I LOVE challenges.

I'd say baseline price for a crocheted Sam of good size (14" or so), for me, would be...$35. Just guesstimating, here. That's taking into account that I would not use acrylic yarn for the body, because his body is way too fluffy for that! It'd be tough to find a yarn that pretty for his "feathery" body (eyelash yarn maybe, but I think that stuff's not thick enough), but it'd be worth it. Acrylic yarn for the face and feet should be just fine, but might look awkward and grainy juxtaposed with his nice fuzzy body, so if I were going to avoid that, I'd get bamboo yarn at least for the face.

The least expensive plush I've ever made was $12--he was basically a little puffball made out of expensive yarn.
The most expensive one I've ever made is worth around $65, easy, probably more like $80 considering the amount of time and materials I put into her...but she's pretty big and I made her just for myself! :big_grin:

Sorry this was long. You might be wanting a more conventionally-made plush out of fleece and the like, anyway! I also think fleece and fur may end up ultimately being cheaper. Just thought that I'd share the process of my personal pricing if you're gonna look into the crochet route.

Reaction score
Thank you! The more details the better! I glad that you know what you are talking about and that you enjoy making plushies! Is there anyway you could send me a few pictures of ones that you have made in the past with a few details about them (material, size, price) so I can possible pick a type by looking at your examples? you could email me if you wanted.

Plaid Fraggle

Reaction score
Absolutely! I need to track photos down, and unfortunately, I may have to track down some of the actual plushes for variety since I'm dumb and don't take pictures often, haha. But I know I have a few on the comp right now, including the really big one. (Really more of a 'long' one.)

Reason I don't have many pictures is that my camera has been on the fritz for at least a year, and I also don't advertise my plushes too much because I'm a really busy girl and don't have too much time for commissions--it's sort of a hobby. I've also never sold anything online. But I've made many a plush for presents, and neighbors and friends have seen my stuff and wanted something because of that :big_grin:

Here's the long one. She is made of a mix of acrylic, bamboo, and I think fluffed-up wool was the mane and tail (really expensive stuff, whatever it was, but I saw it and it was PERFECT). And as you can see, I used tons of different colors for her. She's the one who's $65+, and she is 3 1/2' long.

Reaction score
Ha it is no problem, I have also never commissioned a pushie online either. I would be willing to pay more for better material so that is not a problem for me. do you have an email address that I could message you at instead of using the forum?