Looking for Swedish Chef Cheese tray by Sigma

mholldorf

Reaction score
Please help! I'm looking for the Swedish Chef cheese tray by Sigma. Done in the mid 70's depicts Swedish Chef on top of a mound of Swiss cheese with a jack hammer. I've been checking ebay for months and would like to find this for my mother who has been kicking herself for 20+ years for not buying it when she saw it at Macy's. Please help a daughter make her mother's dream come true.

Thank you,
Michelle
mholldorf@earthlink.net

Beauregard

Reaction score
Sorry, never heard of it, but talking of dreams coming true, I have been looking for a certain poster for years and years and havn't even heard of it since. It is of a bunch of Muppet's looking round a stage door, my Dad had one and I have wanted one for years.

mholldorf

Reaction score
thanks for the reply

Thank you for repling to my post, however it's not the one.
This piece I'm looking for is about a 8" round plate (white) with a dome of swiss cheese as the top (Yellow). At the top of the dome is the Swedish Chef with a jack hammer cutting out the holes of the cheese. It's quite funny looking. It was made by Sigma ceramics in the mid to late 70's. That's about all I remember as I was only about 10 at the time.

If you ever happen to come across it I would love to hear from you.

I really have to find this for my mom.

Cheers,
Michelle

mholldorf

Reaction score
Oh My God You Found It!!!!!!!

You are my new best friend!!!!! I can't believe it I've been looking for this for just about ever and you found it!!!!! Thank you for keeping an eye out for me. I will forbid anyone to outbid me so my mom can have this for Christmas.

You did well my friend, thank you again,

Michelle

My mom is just going to poop herself

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Sorry to see that you did not win the first e-bay auction for the cheese tray. The good news though is at least now you will have a general idea what you can expect to pay.

More good news is that there is another cheese tray up for auction on e-bay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3152127542

Good luck to you

P.S. I had bought a Waldorf bookend from this seller several years ago with no problems. For some reason (don't know why) I want to say he is a regular participant at Muppet Central. Perhaps you can e-mail him directly through e-bay.

:smile:

mholldorf

Reaction score
I have to say I was a little shocked to have been outbidded like that at the last sec. I guess someone else really wanted it too. Funny I think everyone in my house was awake after that war was over. I did try my best, but my fingers and 56k modem where not enough to have out bid the winner. Not to mention that 6am without coffee is a hella of a time to get into a bidding war. But my mom was here from out of town so she got to see it after 20+ years. It also cracked her up that a 35.00 muppet piece in the 70's went for 177.50 in 2003.

So I will keep up my search and hope I can get one under 200.00. I just can't afford that price range even for my mother.

Thanks for thinking of me when you find them.

Cheers,
Michelle