1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Looks like there's a possibility of a new character showing up on the show in the future...

Discussion in 'Sesame Street' started by mbmfrog, Aug 13, 2012.

1. mbmfrog

mbmfrog Active Member

2. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I take it Gabi isn't on the show anymore either? It almost sounds like they're wanting another Gabi to me.
  3. Oscarfan

Oscarfan Well-Known Member

Gabi's still on, she's basically been appearing once per season lately. She was in the "All Our Sense Club" ep. this past season and she's listed as part of the cast in the upcoming season's press kit.

At least that article confirms there's gonna be a 44th season.
  4. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Was there any indication that there possibly wasn't going to be a 44th season? O.O
  5. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

It's far too much an institution to abruptly cancel. If the Simpsons and SNL are still on the air with no signs of stopping (other than that rumor about the Simpsons ending in 2 years... that was a bluff to get the voice actors back to work), I don't think SS will disappear anytime soon.

This new cast member is going to pop up in the season after the upcoming one. I don't think they'd go to that trouble just to abruptly stop it. I don't think they'd've gone to the trouble of Elmo the Musical if they were going to end it this year.