Looney Tunes DVDs

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
Hey Guys and Gals,

I know many Muppet fans are also animation fans, and I’m sure several of you (if not all) know about the classic Looney Tunes cartoons that will be released on DVD in October. Other Looney Tunes stuff (Space Jam Special Edition, Reality Check, and other NEW stuff) will also be released at the same time.

The catch is that there will be two classic collections: The first will be called the GOLDEN collection, which is a four disc set. The second is called the PREMIER collection, which is only two discs. Discs Three and Four of the GOLDEN collection are taken directly from the PREMIER collection. They are no different. In other words, if you buy the GOLDEN one, you are getting the PREMIER plus two other discs.

This message was posted at the ToonTitans forum, through DVDToons.com, and I just wanted to pass it along:

"This is a quote from Jerry Beck over at the Termite Terrace forums, I'm posting this here because it seems significant...

"OK guys - the race is on!

It's vitally important that the GOLDEN COLLECTION set sell better than the other Looney Tunes sets. If you want to continue seeing classic Looney Tunes restored and packaged with great extras on DVD, you must buy (from any legitimate retail source) the GOLDEN box - and NOT buy the others (unless you REALLY want them).

The reason: the sales of the GOLDEN COLLECTION will convince Waner Bros. that there is a large audience of adult consumers who want this kind of product. As hard as it is to believe, the powers that be at Warner Bros. Home Video do not know this. The GOLDEN COLLECTION is a test, an experiment.

If the Premiere Collection (and that other crap) sells better than the GOLDEN COLLECTION, then that is what you'll get instead.

I think you guys know how important this is. Spread the word. Let's make the GOLDEN COLLECTION a hit. The 2nd & 3rd wave are on hold until they see the sales figures from the first wave. If the sales are great, the 2nd wave can be out as early as next summer.""

Guys, if you’re wanting Looney Tunes, please get the Golden! If the “experiment” works WB may release waves just like Disney, whose Wave 3 is being released in December.

Thanks!!

- Billy :cool: