Looney Tunes Recast Voice artists

Drtooth

Reaction score
While no one can replace the legendary Mel Blanc, the show must go on. And here are some of the voice actors who portrayed Looney tunes:

Noel Blanc: Son of Mel, performed various characters, especially on Tiny Toons

Joe Alasky: Primary for Sylvester, Tweety, Marvin the Martian and Daffy Duck.... mostly on Sylvester and Tweety Mysteries and Duck Dodgers. He also does several others, like Yosemite Sam (on the Bugs and Friends sing the Beatles and other times) and once voiced Bugs on a cartoon Network promo. he also was the voice of Plucky duck, the only Tiny Toons voice actor to eventually also play the character he was spun off from.

Billy West: Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fudd. he started playing them in Space Jam, and also voiced them in Bugs and Friends sing Elvis. he also played Daffy Duck in an episode of Histeria!

Jim Cummings: Taz (since Taz Mania). Also voiced Yosemite Sam in one episode of Sylvester and Tweety Mysteries.

Rob Paulsen: Played Porky pig on an episode of Animaniacs. Also portrayed one of the Gophers on Duck Dodgers

Bob Bergen: Plays Porky Pig in Duck Dodgers.

Jess Harnel: Portrayed the other Gopher on Duck Dodgers.

Frank Welker: Once portrayed Elmer Fudd

This list is incomplete, so if anyone has some to add, please be my guest.

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
It seem that it take a lot of people to do what mostly one man did! That speaks volumes!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Bob Bergen played Tweety and Marvin the Martian in Space Jam. In my honest opinion, I think he did a better job as Tweety, though his and Joe Alasky's Marvin sound pretty similar.

Xerus

Reaction score
Jeff Bergman voiced Bugs, Daffy, Foghorn Leghorn, Tweety, Yosemite Sam, and Elmer Fudd in the first season of Tiny Toons. As well as Bugs, Daffy, and Elmer in the short, Box Office Bunny, and Bugs and Daffy in those cartoon clips in Gremlins 2.

Maurice LaMarche voiced Pepe Le Pew in Space Jam as well as Yosemite Sam in season 2 of Tiny Toons as well as the Duck Dodgers series.

Bob Bergen mostly voices Porky Pig in shows like Tiny Toons, Duck Dodgers, Space Jam, and Robot Chicken.

Greg Burson voiced Bugs and Daffy in some Animaniacs episodes and some Looney Tunes in the short, Carrotblanca.

Dee Bradley Baker voiced Daffy and Taz in Space Jam.

Bill Farmer voiced Foghorn, Yosemite, and Sylvester in Space Jam and I believe Bill voiced some of the Looney Tunes in a Robot Chicken episode.

Frank Gorshin voiced Foghorn Leghorn in a new theater cartoon where he tries to outsmart Pete Puma voiced by Stan Freberg.

Also, in Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Mel Blanc did all his characters except Yosemite Sam. Mel was getting to the age where he just couldn't voice Sam anymore, so Joe Alaskey ended up voicing Sam in that film. Of all the Looney Tunes characters, Mel hated doing Yosemite Sam the most because it was so hard on his voice.

anytimepally

Reaction score
Frank Gorshin voiced Foghorn Leghorn in a new theater cartoon where he tries to outsmart Pete Puma voiced by Stan Freberg.
Frank Gorshin also did Yosemite Sam in 1997's From Hare to Eternity, and Daffy Duck and Foghorn Leghorn in 1996's Superior Duck

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I head they had four different voice actors for bugs because Mel Blanc's voice changed so much over the years that they don't really know which one to use for him to sound like.

Xerus

Reaction score
Also, puppeteer Bruce Lanoil performed Pepe Le Pew in Looney Tunes, Back in Action.

I saw in the DVD behind the scenes where Bruce performed puppets of Bugs and Daffy to show the actors what it would be like to perform with the Looney Tunes when it was time to shoot the movie.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Funny thing with bob Bergen. We have a muppet connection right there, as he did the voice of Wembly Fraggle (also, Rob Paulsen who voiced Boober).

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
I was like "what?" Then I remembered that you we're talking about the cartoon.

SSLFan

Reaction score
Brendan Frasier (is that how you spell his name?) performed Taz in Looney Tunes: Back In Action.