Lord of the Rings The Two Towers

DramaQueen86

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
I find it hillarious people are complaining it didnt match the book. It's like saying 'hey, the Klingons dialect wasnt word for word like the book!'

its not the fact that its not word for word but more that it didnt fallow the story line, i guess, i cant really talk seeing how i havent read the book!:big_grin:

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by DramaQueen86
[QUOTE and i realy didnt like what they did to the old episodes, when they added the deleted scenens. that complelty ruined the hole movie.
Oooh, don't get me started on how Lucas messed up the original trilogy in 1997:wink: I think seeing Jedi when I was 5 was perhaps the greatest movie theatre experience ever. Seeing it 14 years later with all that history revisionism and needless cgi just left me stunned. No tonly did they completely botch the Jabba palace singing band scene(turning it into some bad cgi kids cereal commercial) they even totally redid the original score for the Ewok celebration. Sad.

Now here is the kicker. Jedi, as well as the original trilogy wont see the light of dvd til...til perhaps we have a pan gender albino midget Eskimo in the white house. Beyond that, it's darn near hard to find a new copy of the 1995 THX cerified reprint. That is the true version of Jedi. I have seen thousands of films, but have never seen such an epic masterpiece as Return of the Jedi...sadly for the kid's of the new generation, the new 'Episodes' pale in comparison.

PS: I'm still that wide eyed awe struck kid who walked into Return of the Jedi...just a wee bit taller and a bit confused in life^_^

DramaQueen86

Reaction score
yeah, it is sad. i didnt get to see it in the theater like you, im a bit younger, but still i was raised on them!!! my dad is the one who got me hooked, but even though i didnt get to see them on the big screen, it still breakes my heart!:frown:

beaker

Reaction score
yeah, it is sad. i didnt get to see it in the theater like you, im a bit younger, but still i was raised on them!!! my dad is the one who got me hooked, but even though i didnt get to see them on the big screen, it still breakes my heart!:frown:
Awesome! Yeah I just got to see Jedi in theatres, was way to young/not born yet for the first two.

Its cool youw ere raised on the original three! Sadly, most the new generation will probably see the new ones and balk at the 'old' ones. CGI is no subsitute for good puppetry I say!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I am stoked to see the Two Towers. I didn't catch the first in the theater (too busy) but have watched it several times on DVD.

I feel they used CG in its place. I too am an advocate for animatronics and puppetry. A blending of the two forms is ideal. I find it funny that the best scenes from Cats and Dogs were animatronics ones - and nobody noticed!

I am also upset with directors revising their movies. Lucas started this annoying trend and uses too much CG in his films. They miss that organic spark of the original release trilogy. Yes there are some good CG scenes - I actually liked fighting Yoda, but didn't like some of his close-ups in other scenes.

The new version of ET just killed me. They made the slow mid-section of the film even slower and took out the real sense of jeopardy in the end. The FBI having guns is realistic. What are they gonna do with those darn walky-talkies. Total BS IMHO. Spielberg has gone soft and PC in his old age. Sigh.

Anyway - I'm glad to hear that the LOTR films were not shot on digital film. I love Peter Jackson. Such a proactive filmmaker who manages to do things his way. To be a non-Hollywood type and pull off these epic films his way is nothing short of amazing. And this is the guy who brought us Meet the Feebles. Just about the most obscene film ever made. LOL! I love it!

DramaQueen86

Reaction score
the thing is, the cgi in The Lord of the Ring movies isnt as noticable, they dont look as "fake" as the new Star Wars.

Beaker: yeah i'm glad that i was raised on them! to me the new one just dont cut it.

as far as the LOTRs go, i completly love the movies! i need to read the books. the CGI dosent bother me in these as much as the new star wars. i'm not complaning about this movie, just the how they decided to change everything in the new star wars trilogy. HOWEVER , i love them both, old vs new. everything!

beaker

Reaction score
the thing is, the cgi in The Lord of the Ring movies isnt as noticable, they dont look as "fake" as the new Star Wars.

Beaker: yeah i'm glad that i was raised on them! to me the new one just dont cut it.

as far as the LOTRs go, i completly love the movies! i need to read the books. the CGI dosent bother me in these as much as the new star wars. i'm not complaning about this movie, just the how they decided to change everything in the new star wars trilogy. HOWEVER , i love them both, old vs new. everything!
Oh I agree...while there is no way the new Star Wars could be done without it being virtually all CGI(Star Wars is now getting close to being like a Pixar film!) but still...there was just something so cool about minature models, puppetry, and animatronics in the old days that still holds up.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Originally posted by beaker
Oh I agree...while there is no way the new Star Wars could be done without it being virtually all CGI(Star Wars is now getting close to being like a Pixar film!) but still...there was just something so cool about minature models, puppetry, and animatronics in the old days that still holds up.
i still think that the new star wars movies use to much of the cgi computer stuff to make the movie work. i just think it doesn't make the movie work for me anyway. i guess i just think the computer stuff drowns the plot of star wars now. as for lord of the rings, the computer technology they use helps the movie out by far because it's working with the plot. i mean if you saw the two towers one would need the computers for the huge battle sequence in the last 1/4 of the movie. without it, the movie couldn't have worked.

ryan

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
when i first saw the preview to the fellowship of the ring, i thought the preview looked ok. i thought i might or may not see th movie. then my friend went to go see the movie and told me about it and thought the movie was great. so i saw the movie a few weeks later, and man i thought the movie just rocked. what was funny was that when the movie ended people in the audience started to groan and complain because of the ending because it just ended with froto and sam trying to get to mordor. i've seen a lot of movies in my lifetime but i just thought the fellowship of the ring was by far one of the best movies i've ever seen.

then i saw the two towers the first day it came out and i thought the movie was better than the first. great acting, great plot, it was darker, and it had a great battle sequence for the last 1/4 of the movie. i enjoyed the 3 stories that the movie had to offer. i'm curious as to how the 3rd will turn out, although i know the ring will get destroyed.

honestly, i think this triology is better than the the star wars triology.

ryan